Headed to S. Of France in mid September, worth a dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BadabingM3

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi folks,

Been off the board for a while. I'd like your advise on diving the South of France in mid September. I'll be headed there and wondering if it's worth diving.

I've dived many times over the last 15 years of my home town Civitavecchi, Italy durring the summer. Found one September many years back to be perfect beach weather, water was still warm for diving.

So my question is, what is the average weather like in mid September? Water temps? I'm thinking of going to Port de Golfe-Juan area for 3 nights, 2 days diving.

I hold a PADI AOW cert & Nitrox. But read about how French regulations are a bit differnet and may not recognize my certifications. So what good diving will I be able to do?
I found a good deal with diamonddiving.net, 305 euro for 3 nights/1* hotel, not too bad looking & 2 days/4 dives.

What do you all think? thanks for your inputs

Rob

French regulations apply only to dive-center & dive-boat.

So yaou can rent a tank and dive on your own if you don't practice Uw archeology.

A dive center can accept you after a check-dive or a logboob check.

In mid September, water should be in the 22°c range.
Regarding to your certifications, the dive director will decide what he allows you depending on your actual certification and logbook.
Depending on that he will decide whether your are allowed to dive up to 20m or 40m, and whether it is as a fully autonomous diver (with just a dive buddy) or with a DM.
Most likely your first dive will be either autonomous up to 20m or with a DM (20 or 40m), and then depending on that dive and your choices, you could gain autonomy and/or depth for the next dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom