Headed To Phuket In November, Need Advice!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Steenl, I saw they are some more dive sites near Phuket. Can you tell me if this is true?
More than what?

I posted this a few posts ago, gives an overview of the Phuket daytrip divesites "But also for daytrips there are many options, from Phuket standard daytrips are to the Racha Islands, King Cruiser/Shark Point area and Phi Phi area, you can easily fill 4 or 5 daystrips there, And in November also trips to Similans and Koh Bon are easily possible, to Koh Tachai and Richelieu Rock only if we have enough people together.".
Besides these sites there are also some shorediving options, Kata beach the best IMO, and some closeby sites like Koh Puu (off Kata beach). For these shorediving and closeby sites take into account that they're only possible from November through April.

sorry about that, I seemed to have left out a word in my previous post. Anyways, I heard they were closing some more dive sites around the area. Can you tell me if this is true? Or is it just a rumor? What can I expect in November?

sorry about that, I seemed to have left out a word in my previous post. Anyways, I heard they were closing some more dive sites around the area. Can you tell me if this is true? Or is it just a rumor? What can I expect in November?
Some diving sites have been closed, however those are just diving sites in the word, they are really only snorkeling/swimming sites. Maya Bay is being discussed, and some sites at Koh Khai and Koh Tachai are closed. At Koh Tachai the diving sites remain open, at Koh Khai there is never any diving done anyway.

Good to hear. One of our stops was was at Koh Tachai so hopefully it won't be affected. Not sure if I posted it here but we ended up booking a 6 day livaboard with Sea Beas. What's your honest opinions on them?

I will be heading to Phuket in late November staying for roughly two weeks. A couple questions:

Where are the best dive spots for that time of year?

What dive shops/operations does everyone recommend?

I would definitely like to visit Phi Phi Island but unsure if that's the best diving?

Are liveaboards worth it? It looks like there are a ton of options on Divebooker.com

Any companies do a 3 dive day trip?

I will be staying near Patong beach. What else does everyone recommend doing while we are there?

Thanks for the input
Your best bet as others have mentioned is to get on a liveaboard if you want to maximize your dive time/money ratio. I went on a Manta Queen boat...one of the last trips of last season on a 4 day trip and had the best diving in Richelieu Rock and had 4 dives/day. Conditions and vis. were very good there and the diving at that site was very good with plenty of marine life. Diving at Ko Bon was also good but not as good as it used to be...much of the beautiful coral fields that used to exist there are now destroyed. No manta rays as I believe February is a better time to see them. It will be my last liveaboard trip to the Similan Islands however because there were just too many people in general diving for my likes. Most dives we ran into multiple groups of divers from other boats and it just got to be a little much for my liking. Wasn't thrilled with our dm or the way our dives were executed either. I don't blame the Manta Queen staff as they tried to minimize our contact with other divers, but that's just the way it was. If you've never dove there you probably wouldn't have minded the amount of divers and it is worth seeing once. Patong beach is party central. If you're after peace and solitude I'd recommend somewhere else. It is quite a unique place though if you're into some quite interesting entertainment...lol.

you can take daily trips its cheaper around 50$ per day to racha yay and racha noy the best dives sites there if you are looking for wrecks and schools of fish
if you are a fan of nudi phi phi is your paradise they have daily trips to phi phi also for the same price and you can enjoy a wreck dive cavern dive and coral and nudi dive
one of your best option is to take a day trip to andaman sea
3mm full suit is perfect the water temp is 28 all the time
all of the companies do 3 dives a day , if you are gonna dive everyday for more than a week better order nitrox 32 or 36 up to you . watch you oxygen exposer OTU and CNS
Best of luck

The Similan Islands National Park will be opened in November so I highly recommend you this area of the Andaman Sea. I went there last March and I had a great time above and below the water. I dove with the liveaboard The Junk - which was great! The dive guides were very friendly, the food was incredibly tasty and the boat very comfortable. The itinerary was a 6 night trip but I know they also do 4 night trips up to Richelieu Rock (which is by the way one of the best dive sites I have every dived!)

I second this recommendation for all those same points. Was there back in March. Beautiful dive sites and got to swim with Manta Rays...heaven. Fairly inexpensive as well.

you can take daily trips its cheaper around 50$ per day to racha yay and racha noy the best dives sites there if you are looking for wrecks and schools of fish
if you are a fan of nudi phi phi is your paradise they have daily trips to phi phi also for the same price and you can enjoy a wreck dive cavern dive and coral and nudi dive
one of your best option is to take a day trip to andaman sea
3mm full suit is perfect the water temp is 28 all the time
all of the companies do 3 dives a day , if you are gonna dive everyday for more than a week better order nitrox 32 or 36 up to you . watch you oxygen exposer OTU and CNS
Best of luck
A divetrip there for 50 US$?
Racha Noi best divesites if youre looking for schools of fish?
Phi Phi for 50 US$?
Phi Phi best for wreck and cavern?

Sorry, this post makes no sense at all.

Back
Top Bottom