Headed to Bonaire 11/25 - Top 5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeff Davis is an awesome site too. We’ve encountered lots of squid there just before sunset. Entry is not as easy as Weber’s Joy or perhaps not as convenient... but it’s worth giving it a try. It’s best to enter the site just past the memorial marker. We usually just have one of us carefully step from the top of the cliff using the paths that of course preceding Divers use. The top is a good 6 feet or so above the waters edge. It’s easy to then lower dive equipment, cameras and any other gear you are using. It’s not bad so long it’s tackled carefully and one at a time.

I know it’s a bit unappealing from the configuration of the road and access to the water, but if you take your time and carefully go one at a time, having the buddy go first ofcourse hands free, carrying nothing... then lowering all gear down and repeating this same manouvers on the way out, you’ll see the site does not disappoint. Once at the bottom, there is a little sandy beach and enough space to suit up and go and/or to remove gear and start handing things up.

Cheers,

Ricardo

As above... Thanks...I'll put that on the list to do when my very strong son is down diving...

Jim..

Ok so 4 of us are headed to Bonaire on 11/25 and while I have been a few times I always value input from others so I would love to know your top 5 dive sites and top 5 restaurants.. go. (and thanks in advance for the help)

All sites have good and bad sides, and may depend very much on personal preferences. My personal favourites are Karpata (take Ladania's Leap at least once :D), Willemstoren Lighthouse, Tori's Reef and Vista Blue. There's a couple of very good ones just beyond the BOPEC Oil Terminal as well. The sites in the National Park are okay, I wouldn't go out of my way to visit them the first time on Bonaire.

Restaurants... for lunch, you can't go wrong with the foodtrucks near the airport (with Cactus Blue being my favourite; lionfish burger can be had here), Between 2 buns is also very good. For a 'traditional' lunch, consider Posada para mira in Rincon. They serve goat and iguana stew, amongst other, more mainstream dishes :D.

As regular restaurants go, my personal favourite is La Terrazza, a fairly new restaurant in the Islander development in the town centre. They have no menu, you just tell them what you don't like/can't have, and they take it from there. Close second for me would be Mezze. Pasa Bon makes great pizza, but is waaaay too expensive in my opinion. Their lion fish pizza is great, *if* they have it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom