Headache every day for 2 weeks after my first scuba diving ! ((

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't imagine that she would be getting bubbles on a 33 foot dive. Especially since I'm betting it was a discover scuba dive.

Maybe she got a reverse squeeze and damaged her ears?

I am with the other posters, call DAN and talk to a real doc.

If you've already done so, any updates that you are willing to share?

Even if it isnt bubbles then if considering becoming an active diver the mention of migraines would lead me to suggest talking to someone about a possible PFO as there does seem to be a link.

scubagirlx:
headache + kinda cloudy mind, hard to study... headaches start when i wake up, stop and start again at different times during the day...

Is "cloudy mind" a common symptom of anything? I felt this way after a dive once, but it cleared on its own after a couple of days.

I wonder if you didn't get a bit of sinus squeeze and haven't got a sinusitis as a result. That would be my first thought. It would fit with a novice diver's most likely type of injury.

It is always best to see a physician for a persistent complaint, but you could try a short course of some decongestants to see if they resolve the headaches, assuming, of course, that you are otherwise healthy, on no other medications, and have no contraindications to the use of decongestants. This does not constitute specific individual medical advice, but a broad recommendation for this type of problem.

My instructor apparently had a student who got bent after two dives of 45 minutes in 10 metres of water with a good 2 hour surface interval.

See your doctor!

Patty:
My instructor apparently had a student who got bent after two dives of 45 minutes in 10 metres of water with a good 2 hour surface interval.

See your doctor!

Dive medicine and the bends is an art not a science, and it is a some what crude one at that.

Any pain (head ache, migraine, full ears) after diving that persists longer than a day or two is a serious reason to see a doctor. I agree with the crowd, call DAN and go to your personal physician, ASAP.

I agree, go and see a good physician to be sure. I know that there has been reported cases of bad tanks with carbon monoxide in the past... So make sure you are diving with a good operator. Maybe considering diving with a different shop the next time. You certainly might have picked up a bad virus from the cruise and having side effects from it.

Most cruises do not let you have enough time on shore for more than 2 dives a day, so decompression sickness is unlikely, especially if you reached only 33 feet.

I don't think DAN will tell you much more than to see a good physician.... Not necessary one who is a "dive" physician.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom