Hdvseatek O-rings identified

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes. It's the corrected link in both my posts.

...and the updated part is about a buck cheaper for some reason. Gotta love that.

Also, mcmaster is good about not raping customers on the shipping. No charge for sticking a packet of o-rings in an envelope with a stamp it seems.

$7.20 shipped for 10 of the o-rings. Should be a lifetime supply or thereabouts.

Hmm I just re-read the first post. You got 50 of 'em for $6usd? Sounds like a much better deal than mcmaster at $7.20 for 10 of them. Oh well, I'm not gonna cancel. It's only $1.20 and as I said, 10 is already a lifetime supply.

@DandyDon it might not be a bad idea to include a link to your source down under in that first post as well.

$7.20 shipped for 10 of the o-rings. Should be a lifetime supply or thereabouts.

Hmm I just re-read the first post. You got 50 of 'em for $6usd?
No, I paid $12 for 2 sent from Australia, hence $6 each. Edited. So you got 10 for $7.20? Cool. That might be a lifetime supply for me changing every year, but aren't you younger than me. I added the source of my label.

I just ordered from the link you guys provided. Thank you! :) It looks like it will get here before I leave for my trip so taking a spare is even a bonus. :)

Remind me - what's an appropriate grease to use on buna/nitrile o-rings? I don't want to use the MCG111 since that stuff is so expensive if I need to cover that much surface area. For Shearwater o-rings that are tiny, sure.....this thing is huge. What's an acceptable alternative?

Thanks.

I use silicone grease from a hardware store. Good for my 4C lights as well and my mustache.

This is the same stuff, but in case you'd prefer in a diver package, Trident offers a 2 oz tub: Silicone Grease - 2oz 6641657080317 | eBay

000.JPG

I use silicone lube I got from swimming pool store. I forget what I paid, it's a big tube that I've had for several years. I use some trident o2 lube for o-rings in my regs.

Also, mcmaster is good about not raping customers on the shipping. No charge for sticking a packet of o-rings in an envelope with a stamp it seems.
Check your credit card charges.

I hate companies that don't quote shipping charges before you order, but they do answer emails quickly. I was advised that shipping would be about $8.

Ok, so you can order 2 from Hdvseatek for $12, or 10 from McMaster-Carr for $15 for now.

Check your credit card charges.

I hate companies that don't quote shipping charges before you order
So did you get charged $7 or $14?

These look like the same O-rings, and I did email the company to be sure: 4mm x 75mm (NBR) Buna-N 70 Duro Metric O-Rings [N4.00X075] : The O-Ring Store LLC, We make getting O-Rings easy!
Ok, so their unit prices are a little higher, but the minimum order is 2 instead of 10, so one could order 2 with handling and shipping for $8.63. It'd be cheaper overall to order more than 2, but buyer's choice.

@DandyDon when I bought the o-rings from McMaster last year, they charged me $7.38 for shipping so it was a little over $15 with shipping for the 10. I purchased from them because I think the O-Ring store was out or did not have them last year and I was going on a big trip and needed extras, just in case.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom