HD Icon flashing weird screens, then finally all white screen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

99north

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Yesterday ( Sunday March 19th) my wife had an uncontrolled ascent while diving due to trying her new wing out and buoyancy
was screwed up. Long story short , when she finally surfaced after dropping back down to depth 45 feet,,,,her computer was beeping like crazy and flashing weird screens back and forth. None of the buttons would make it do anything else. After about an hour and a half the beeping stopped and there was a totally white screen with what looks like 3 faint lines running theu the screen.

This morning it was the same thing, so thinking maybe she had a dead battery I plugged it in and the main display screen came on but VERY pink in color and then it went back to this all white screen again

Its not blinking green as if its charging, not sure what to make of it>>???

Would it have locker her out?? or??

Its only 6 months old as well and up to this time has worked like a charm.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

99north

Hi there. Well, the computer could have locked her out if the ascent rate alarm was activated. However the screen shouldn't have gone to a static state. If possible can you hook it up to your "dive manager" and try to perform a firmware update? This may get it to work properly. If not I don't have any suggestions other than returning it to our technicians for a review. (this should be handled through an authorized Mares dealer).

I hope it all works out.

Zak

I'll give that a try....keep you posted
Thanks
Gene

Zak

When I connected the Icon to the computer ( with the latest dive organizer installed) it asks for a name to enter for the computer and country.
NO matter what name i try and use, even my own
this is the error message that pops up everytime

Following error occurs when asked to insert name of computer
A foreign Key Value cannot be inserted because a corresponding primary key value does not exist
[ Foreign key constraint name = FK_tabComputer_tabCmodel ]

I have no idea what this means???

Thanks
Gene

Zak
I am thinking that this computer should go to a dealer and get to the right Mares people to get fixed or replaced.
I live in Vancouver BC and there is a dealer there
" Rowands Reef "
Do i need a ticket number or something,,we bought it from a company on EBAY from France,,,,I have the receipt,,,,is there anything else we need?

Thanks
Gene

Back
Top Bottom