Hawai'i water temps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello,

My wife and I will be traveling to Maui and Oahu in October. We are trying to figure out which wetsuit to bring. What is the expected water temperature for this timeframe.

Thank you for your help.

My wife and I have just come back from 3days diving in Maui. 1day dove with Mike serverns, 1 day with Ed Robinsons, and 1day shore diving at old airport beach by ourselves.
Scubapro dive comp indicated that water temp was 27.4C/81.3F.
I wear 5mm/2piece wet suits, however I had better wear 3mm/1piece.
Visibility around Molokini island is over 30m/100ft, so clear.
Have fun!

Just returned from Maui on the 23rd of Sep. Water temps where 77-78 deg F every day. I did not wear a wet suit only a rash guard and 1.5mm neoprene short I was fine. Most of the other divers I was diving with where in 3mm Shortie or 3mm Jump. The rental suits provided by Extended Horizions for the boat & shore dives where all long sleeve 5mm shorties. I wouldn't expect a big drop in water temp during the next 4 to 5 weeks. I was in Maui during the end of March and water temps where 74 deg F. I also spend as much time as possible in the water. I did however pack my shortie just in case I needed it. Hope this helps you in deciding what to pack.

Back
Top Bottom