Having to use bailout bottle

How many times have you had to abort your dive and use your bailout bottle?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetb4igetinthewater

Instructor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm not a rebreather diver, not even a tec diver yet, but I have a question for you rebreather folks. How many times have you ever had to abort your dive and use your bailout bottle?

---------- Post added December 7th, 2015 at 10:15 PM ----------

BTW, I am pretty sure what I expect most answers to be. There's a reason why I'm asking and I just want to confirm my initial reaction.

I'm not a rebreather diver, not even a tec diver yet, but I have a question for you rebreather folks. How many times have you ever had to abort your dive and use your bailout bottle?

BTW, I am pretty sure what I expect most answers to be. There's a reason why I'm asking and I just want to confirm my initial reaction.
never in 20 years

Never myself, but I have shared my oxygen from my 3L bottle with a buddy. So running 2 ccr's manually is possible :wink:
And another buddy had a problem with 2 out of 3 cells in a cave so the last 400m went out on oc bailout.

On my one of my certification dives on the GEM, I got a caustic cocktail & had to switch to bailout & return to the boat.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I see it on almost every trip.

Once, dive number 2, caustic cocktail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really a fair question. If someone answers 10 times, but has 35 years of CCR diving, is that the same as me answering 1 time in 500 hours of CCR diving?

Wow - what are the majority reasons why people are bailing?

Sent from my Ipad.

Any of about 20 things. "when in doubt, bail out" A cell dies and another goes wonky, handset shuts off during the dive, broken t-piece, I saw a loop fall apart on a dive, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom