Have you tested positive for COVID?

Have you tested positive for COVID?

• I didn’t test positive, but I had it.

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • I tested positive, but was asymptomatic/minimal symptoms

Votes: 16 8.1%
  • I tested positive, it was the worst.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I tested positive and was hospitalized.

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • I tested positive and am a long hauler

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not been tested, nor have I been sick

Votes: 86 43.4%
  • I was tested negative

Votes: 81 40.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Wookie Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hoping you are not what they call a “long hauler” who suffers from covid complications many months after the infection.

A local acquaintance of mine is what they call a long hauler. She got sick in March and has bad weeks, then not so bad weeks, then bad again. She is in her mid 60’s, in good general health so am surprise it hit her so badly.

I have it now, will get tested tomorrow (I’ve been offshore) and this really sucks.

Did you get it off-shore?

That’s a contradiction! Eliminating red tape makes a process more efficient. Not a shortcut. You need to better understand the definition of red tape.

Wrong.

The "red tape" are safety measures put into place the FDA to insure drugs are safe.

Here you have cutting corners for a rush drug and is the result people from a small sample size who have allergy to other things are having bad reactions. As for long term effects we don't know and won't for a long time.

Wrong.

The "red tape" are safety measures put into place the FDA to insure drugs are safe.

Here you have cutting corners for a rush drug and is the result people from a small sample size who have allergy to other things are having bad reactions. As for long term effects we don't know and won't for a long time.

Let’s get into semantics. Red tape is a bureaucratic measure like filling in 4 forms to get a new device for testing. It is not part of a scientific method. It delays a process. It does not impact the method. Removing redtape makes the process more efficient. The redtape to which you refer (not sure what that is) slows things down without impacting the results. If it did, it would be part of the design.

I hope your symptoms are gone before you even get tested.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I hope you are back out on the water muy pronto.

IMG_20201005_183447162.jpg

Back when this was a "Wuhan" problem and mainstream USA was just starting to recognize the Italian crisis ...

I was in Tucson at the end of January / beginning of February at the Gem & Mineral show. Many thousands of folks from all over the world with a lot of vendors from various Asian locations. Flights: Philly-Phoenix, Tuscon-O'Hare-Philly.

By the time I got back, I had developed a chronic dry cough which I attributed to irritation from the super-dry desert air. (Not unusual as I have Irritable Airway which is aggravated by dry (SW desert) and cold (NE winter) air)

Three day later, and in less than 2 hours, I went from feeling otherwise OK to: a spiky fever, difficulty breathing, and barely being able to make it to my bed for 14 hours of straight sleep/unconsciousness (I did manage to kick off my shoes). Fortunately, it only took me a few days to back bounce back to mostly normal. Although, maybe, my pulmonary performance is still not back to baseline - due to that illness or losing 9-months of generally higher activity - don't know.

My son had the same thing about 5 days later.

There was no test of any kind available here at that point, and we didn't really know the symptoms of CV19 at that point. It was only well after the fact that I started to draw the potential connection.

In May I got one of the first available antibody tests which came back negative. I have come to understand that the tests are pretty inaccurate. ex: I know directly of one instance where a, Covid-hospitalized (sub-vent, but requiring O2 support), PCR-positive individual later came back with a negative post-illness antibody test.

So was it COVID ????? I will probably never know for sure.

I have been swab/PCR tested twice for reasons of travel and exposure-prevention for vulnerable people - both negative. To whoever said the swab was in and out before they knew it: they weren't doing it the "right" way. 15-seconds WAY-UP each nostril - the otherwise lovely nurse who did my first one came unknowingly, very close to dying as she was scraping around my brain for 30 seconds. Doing it myself the second time was at least somewhat "better" because i was torturing myself ...

Wookie - Sorry to hear!!!! Hoping you feel better real soon!!!

It does not impact the method.
Except that it governs it. It determines how a method is done, how long for, how many times, etc, for the method to be safe.
If some of the rules governing a method are skipped, the safety of a method is compromised.

@Wookie ,,,,Hoping you heal up fast with mild symptoms and ZERO after-affects. (but if you lose your tastebuds we want to see you do a shot of lime juice on video!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom