• Yes

Votes: 25 12.0%
  • No

Votes: 154 73.7%
  • Almost...but it was recovered.

Votes: 30 14.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've never lost one, but someone on our dive boat in Cozumel did.

She did a back roll with her mask perched on her forehead. Luckily the Divemaster was already in the water and recovered it before it sunk too far. This was just before sundown for a night dive so the light was low. She was lucky the mask was found.

..the closest I have came is, I slime my hair up with conditioner and then put on my hood. Once, is a ripping current, the whole shabang almost slid off, but I was too busy getting my reg to stop freeflowing to notice until it was almost too late. The guy next to me lost his pants and saved them by spreading his legs, which, if I had lost my mask, I would have missed. I don't carry a spare, but I check the strap position on the back of my noggin in current now.

All my close calls were from other divers not knowing who was around them....or didnt care. Many a kick in the face from divers not aware.

I carry a frameless spare just in case.

Nope. On my deep, cold dives I bring a spare just in case however.

A few close calls from other divers like othrers have said. It doesn't happen often but it can and I am willing to bet that a larger number of divers would be in trouble if it did happen to them than are willing to admit or even realize...especially in cold water.

It usually falls off when I do a back roll entry no matter how hard I hold on to it. I have also had it kicked off several times. I have always been able to recover it, but I carry a spare anyway.

Mark Vlahos

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom