Have you ever gone diving in an Aquarium?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishballer:
hmmm...i'll have to dive that when i go back to KL next yr.

how much did they charge?

400RM or USD$115 for certified divers
450RM or USD$130 for discover course

Price includes a DVD of your dive and a Tshirt.

Quite cheap as far as aquarium diving goes....price does not get discounted if you have your own gear. Family and friends get 20% off the entry if they come to watch. Its a really nice aquarium as far as those go.....

All gear is Brand new and they use all Mares stuff....there is a ad for Mares in a corner of the aquarium in the water...

ScubaTexan:
That's really disappointing. I always looked forward to seeing that show at the State Fair every year. :(

Come by and see us anyway:D the new Tidal Pool Touch tank that the Amazon tank has been cut down to should be really cool when it gets up and going.

I'm not sure if the new exhibit will up and "fully" running by Fair time this year, just 3 short weeks away. We do plan on having the exhibit completed, just wheather or not we will have all the animals that we plan to put in it or not is the question. but we do have plenty of critter to use until the sharks and rays show up.

After the Fair the plan is to close the entire aquarium 3 months for a face lift. the last real renovations of the place, not including the addition of the Amazon tank in '85, was in the mid 60's. So this is long overdue.

As soon as I figure out what days I can work for the Fair I'll put a post on the "Texas Swamp Divers" forum if anyone wants to stop by and say "howdy".

sharky60:
As soon as I figure out what days I can work for the Fair I'll put a post on the "Texas Swamp Divers" forum if anyone wants to stop by and say "howdy".

I'll do that. :)

The New England Aquarium Dive Club in Boston hosts a raffle each month. The winner gets a dive in the Giant Ocean Tank.

The tank is small by today's standards (200,000 gallons/750,000 liters). However, it's quite well-stocked with lots of fish. There are several species of sharks.

My wife and I are both volunteer aquarium divers. We started earlier this year and have a lot of fun. We dive in a relatively small tank (about 12 feet deep) but it is filled with a huge variety of fish. Our routine is to put on a show for the kids first. An "educator" does the talking outside of the tank and the diver inside the tank shows their gear and swim around a little for the crowd. We then feed the fish which is a real adventure. The fish really know the routine and swarm you when you pull out their food. If you value your fingers, you need to release the food very quickly !!!

After the show, we spend a few minutes cleaning the tank. Either cleaning the glass or scrubbing the walls. It's a great way to get a little diving in and help the aquarium. I'd recommend it to any diver !!!!

Yep I work at the Aquarium Of Western Australia (AQWA) guiding the Shark Dives and doing the feeds on Weekends.
The main tank is 140ft X 60ft & 16ft deep.

Cheers
Chris

Some photos of me doing the feed :D (when my server comes online again grrrr)

DSC_2093_1.jpg

DSC_2097_1.jpg

DSC_2104_1.jpg

DSC_2105_1_1.jpg

Did a project dive in the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Didn't have a camera at the moment, but the next time I jump in the aquarium, I'll take some shots of me doing something stupid. :)

Ok, I dont mean to revive this thread.....but I had to share this....

So, I told a pal of mine about the dive I did in Malaysia....he decided to go....guess what?

The SOB turns up on Malaysia's National Day....Miss Msia and the Prime Minister are guest divers....he of course (after being asked) decides to guide Miss Msia (because of his DM cert). The place is packed... I await his "evidence" via the video that was taken of the event.....the lucky SOB!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom