Have you ever gone diving in an Aquarium?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

keruxts:
Dove epcot....it was cool....just wondering when padi will make that a specialty course

as soon as they can market it:crafty:

sharky60:
I am a volunteer at the Dallas Aquarium at Fair Park in Dallas, Texas. Until last month when the exhibit had a structural failure and it was decided to cut it down for a tidal touch pool rather then replace it, we had a 12,000 gal. "Flooded Amazon rainforest" exhibit that we did dive shows in.

That's really disappointing. I always looked forward to seeing that show at the State Fair every year. :(

I dove the shark tank at the Camden aquarium in NJ this weekend, and it was a lot of fun. The sharks were amazing up close. 26 of them in the tank, and 3 of us.

hmmm...i'll have to dive that when i go back to KL next yr.

how much did they charge?

I'm a diver for the Oregon Coast Aquarium....

Clean the glass, and vaccume up the shark Poop... It's great !! My family always comes and my girls get to see me behind the glass. There are tubes for the visitors to go through so the animals are all around them.

THe best part is the visitors are sometimes more excited to see the divers... It's very rewarding to do....

And BTW.. A PADI habitat coarse was required before getting into the tanks....

How fun it that?

I used to be a diver at the aquarium in Perth, Western Australia, and loved it. Always fun to take people in, to wave at those outside looking in and to see what our residents were up to.

It's not all fun and games when you work there, but I really enjoyed it. I'm not a big fan of aquariums and decidedly less so after working in one - there are aquariums I refuse to go to and those that I think have something valid to offer (Monterey being one).

As a volunteer diver at the Monterey Bay Aquarium for over 7 years, I can easily say that it's fantastic! I truly enjoy my experiences there. Everyone, from the other volunteers, staff, and guests of MBA are great to be with.

Our responsibilities range from using an underwater vacuum (siphon), cleaning windows, feeding the animals, etc. Some of the dives are long and cold, but they're necessary to keep the exhibits in good condition.

Back
Top Bottom