Have you ever drink UW?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Azotomix

Contributor
Reaction score
Have you ever drink UW? :cheers:

If yes why do not tell your experience??

We were a group of four divers in Sardegna with a CMAS instructor from Czech Republic doing our daily dive. We were called the ANIMALS because we always had too much fun above and under the water (don’t worry always safe…). One day when finishing our dive tour and waiting to finish the safety stop he took out from the Jacket a can of beer. We all where astonished to see this. We tried and were very surprised that you could actually drink and taste the beer UW.
From the next day on we where bringing with us a can of beer each, and drink it while we where doing the safety stop. Some of you will tell that it’s crazy and dangerous. It is in fact not so safe but all the dive where not deep at all and none where with deco time.
We did that for a couple of days. Now we will do this only on very special occasion bringing with us sometime a small bottle of champagne to share.

Enjoy

Azotomix:
Have you ever drink UW? :cheers:

If yes why do not tell your experience??

We were a group of four divers in Sardegna with a CMAS instructor from Czech Republic doing our daily dive. We were called the ANIMALS because we always had too much fun above and under the water (don’t worry always safe…). One day when finishing our dive tour and waiting to finish the safety stop he took out from the Jacket a can of beer. We all where astonished to see this. We tried and were very surprised that you could actually drink and taste the beer UW.
From the next day on we where bringing with us a can of beer each, and drink it while we where doing the safety stop. Some of you will tell that it’s crazy and dangerous. It is in fact not so safe but all the dive where not deep at all and none where with deco time.
We did that for a couple of days. Now we will do this only on very special occasion bringing with us sometime a small bottle of champagne to share.

Enjoy

If this isn't a troll, then its stupid. And yes, it is crazy and dangerous. Did I say it was stupid?
Go find another bridge.

Yeah, I drink UW. In lake Tahoe it is carefully executed and quite nice. In the ocean it is only the occasional unintentional gulp of salt water from the damn snorkel.

Actually, a group of friends took a surfing lesson last weekend in Santa Cruz and I ended up drinking a bit underwater. Trust me it was neither intentional nor pleasant.

I won't tell you that drinking beer on a safety stop is stupid. However, now that you guys have proved that you can do it, please be smart enough to quit while you are ahead.

Wristshot

I drink fruit juice all the time....bring a little juice pack (if it's frozen beforehand, it will stay cool for 15 minutes or so)...puncture it with a straw, keep your finger over the straw when not drinking (to reduce the amount of salt water entering). Or, if you don't bother with the straw, just bite a little hole in the corner and "roll" the pack shut (like a toothpaste tube) as you drink the juice. Of course, replace regulator after drinking, ha ha.

A friend of mine that I scuba dive with had never used Hookah. We were planning on going diving with the hookah the next day and I invited him over to get used to it.

We decided to make an evening of it. His wife was cooking dinner. He showed up with a ketchup squeezer of his favorite bourbon. I fired up the hookah and left him on the bottom of the pool to play while I helped his wife with dinner. When dinner was ready I shut off the compressor and he surfaced with a good buzz and an empty squeezer. Narced at 6 ft.

A good friend of mine smoked a cigarette underwater at 60ft. Dont think he would want to drink underwater though.

And Kiss.

On my 100th dive, my sweet man gave me a kiss at 87 feet. It was more than just a little smooch, made me want to yell WOW!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom