Have you ever drink UW?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While extremely stupid, boxed wine seems strangely made for drinking underwater :)

Bratface:
And Kiss.
On my 100th dive, my sweet man gave me a kiss at 87 feet. It was more than just a little smooch, made me want to yell WOW!
On a recent trip to Cozumel I got some strange looks every time I would take my reg out of my mouth and kiss my girlfriend ;-) Of course by that point I was rather used to getting made fun of by the DMs. They seemed relatively used to seeing bp/w and long hoses, but the x-shorts made them chuckle :)

~Jess

One more thing to note, carbonated beverages may seem a little flat at depth, but don't worry, the gas will expand as you ascend :)

~Jess

In the far distant past, several people I knew, (including me), would often bring a bota bag with us underwater. As long as you purge the air from the bag, it's easy to take a sip underwater. Not too smart, but then again, when I worked at a dive shop I used to sleep underwater at lunchtime.

Dive Safe

An easy way to have a mid-dive sip to get that burst of sugar energy and to alleviate cotton mouth is to drink a Capri Sun foil juce pack. On this morning's 100 minute dive at Polo Beach a 6 ounce juice pack around the 65 minute point was a nice refreshment.

Capri Sun juice packs are nice and easy. Not too big. No extra equipment or hoses. Just slip one into a BCD pocket. The foil pack collapses as you drink and no saltwater gets in. Those rectangular cardboard juice boxes popular with schoolkids kind of work, but don't collapse as far, so you can only get maybe 2/3 of the juice before water gets sucked back in. The half liter plastic water bottles are very hard to crush, so unless you develop the skill to blow air back into the bottle as you drink, you'll only get to drink maybe half of the bottle before saltwater gets into it.

Charlie Allen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom