Have to DIVE!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

munclematt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I just got told I am going to the Philippine for a work trip and will be there like 2 or 3 days in February. Need all the good locale information. Where to go, who to rent from, pricing, all that good stuff.

I am going to be away from the computer for a month or so and then I will be back to check this. I appericate any help that you everyone can give me. Take care.

Might help if you tell us where you'll be for the work portion of the trip. And is that 2-3 days available for diving? If you're in Manila, then most likely Anilao and Puerto Galera (you wouldn't have to fly and deal with no fly time).

You didn't tell us where. If Manilla, then Puerto Galera or Anilao.
Puerto Galera; Take a bus to the Bantangas pier, take a banka to Sabang beach I prefer Little LaLaguna beach. There are many dives shops on both beaches. I like Action Divers on Little LaLaguna Dive Puerto Galera, Dive Philippines, Dive Action Divers thers is Capt. Greggs on Sabang Vacation in Sabang, Scuba Diving Philippines, Diving Philippines they both can arrange accomodations if you would like. $ are available on their sites. Puerto Galera, Philippines. Beach Resorts, Hotels and Scuba Diving Directory. can get a listing of other places.
Anilao; Welcome to Aqua Venture Reef Club! Live out a real diver's dream at Aquaventure Reef Club, Anilao, Batangas -- Luzon's premiere watersport haven and family resort. seems to be the place prefered by PPD members. Municipality of Mabini, Batangas Philippines another site for info.
Where will you be? my wife and I are going to be in Cebu Feb 9-15.
If you've never been to the Philippines, I have two saying's
You can't go wrong diving in the Philippines.
WARNING: Diving in the Philippines is the most addictive form of diving.

whom to rent from: most dive ops have rental gear... the bigger resorts generally have better gear... but overall decent gear is readily available... probably cost you +/- $20 for a whole kit

all the good stuff:
you must try mango shakes, green mango shakes, san mig light and tanduay rhum... have a crispy pata (the cholesterol will kill you, but you die with a huge grin on your face)...

Jag

I second Pak with either Anilao or PG since there's no fly time and you'll only be around for 2-3 days.

Sorry about that. I will be staying in Manila and I might have like 1 day with no flying possible. Thanks for all the great information for now. I will check again in a few days.

Sorry about that. I will be staying in Manila and I might have like 1 day with no flying possible. Thanks for all the great information for now. I will check again in a few days.
day trip you have to do anilao...

leave manila (very early) about 4 or 5... you ought to be in anilao by 7-ish

if you don't dally with gear setup and all, you can be in the water by 8ish or 9, you can do 2 dives, have a late lunch, rest do another 1 (or 2 if you're up to it) and leave for manila in the late afternoon or early evening...

most anilao resorts have published day trip rates but the PPD-endorsed ones (balai, aquaventure, solana) will gladly put together a custom package for you

Jag

Back
Top Bottom