Haunted Plantation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YAY!!! It's Haunted Plantation day! :dork2:Okay, so maybe I'm a little too excited about this... but I have been missing haunted houses for 3 years now, and didn't think Hawaii had any to offer. Now if the temp can drop to about 50 and they can offer FRESH apple cider and donuts things will be just perfect!

50? I thought you were plenty cold enough at the movie last night and it was 70! :wink:

Well, it was really busy and we stood in line for about two hours.......the potential was there....but it just didn't make the grade. I'll keep looking for a good haunted house, plantation, what ever.

It was great seeing everybody and fun standing in line with you all! :D

:D It was fun meeting all of you, and being out in good company, but Leesa, you're right-it just didn't quite live up to it's hype. This was in TGIF yesterday:

"HAUNTED PLANTATION: Consider the warnings from the twisted souls putting this together for a second Halloween at Hawaii's Plantation Village: 14 and younger need adult supervision! Not recommended for pregnant women! Or those with heart conditions! Or those going trick-or-treating as one of The Wiggles! OK, I made that last one up. Checkout Haunted Plantation's very likely Trent Reznor-inspired MySpace site (222.myspace.com/thehauntedplantation) if you don't believe the warnings...or know how truly spooky rattling kau kau tins can be. Spook factor: 4 out of 5 pumpkins."

I did check out myspace before we went, so I was all prepared to be scared ****less! On the way out it was tempting to tell the people waiting in line to not bother.

Well I just received a message and thought I'd share it with you all

Hello! I would like to thank you for coming to the plantation this year. My cousin runs this annual event.

I did some post research on google for the reaction on the Haunted Plantation. I had to message you because your group of friends seems to be seasoned haunted house goers. I appreciate the honest critiques from you guys.

In defense to some of the things that weren't met to expectations:

-From 9:30-11pm on Friday, there was an emergency in the last building of the plantation. We had monsters switched around and out of their places. We also had to shut down that last building for about and hour.

-We were expecting 30 scarers to show up on the Friday night, but 12 of them called last minute and couldn't come. So our monsters that came worked double to try to compensate for the loss of others.

-Sometimes a group ahead could be hesitant to move on because they were too scared, so they end up combining with the group behind making it much harder for our monsters to scare anyone.

-We had so many of our volunteers punched, kicked, pushed, and many had things thrown at them which made things tough, too.

-2 of our 3 chainsaws were malfunctioning. We were suppose to have a chainsaw monster float around the middle of the plantation.

-On Saturday's run we had 26 of 30 volunteers show up and we were all pumped up for the night. All three chainsaws were up and running. We had no injuries except for the people that fell down as they were walking through. The line was more organized and we had a lot more guides to try and split the clumps of people up. A lot of groups got the grade A scare that they paid for on Saturday.

Overall, we had close to 20 people go to the hospital, nearly 20% could not finish all the way through, and loads of people lost their belonging due to fear! People would literally lose their shoes and say "Forget it!"

We learn from our mistakes and we will be back next year for the "Haunted Plantation III" "Three times as scary!"

The very first year we worked on a very small budget and mostly donated things, and we still got top recognition. This year we worked with a larger budget and ordered top-of-the-line prosthetics. Next year our budget will put us over the edge because we are going to HIRE scarers. That means this event will now be organized and pro!

Thank you so much for your respect in haunted houses and I hope you look out for us next year! Keep in touch:

Tell your friends about this!

p.s. I was the Clown.

Maybe we just picked the wrong night....might give it another chance next year

Back
Top Bottom