Hassles at Montage Resort in Laguna Beach?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Kerr:
Robert Phillips:
I can understand someone coming from the Midwest who had never seen the ocean before and watching someone enter that water and then not seeing them for over an hour thinking there was a problem, but are these the people that pay $200-$1500 a night for a room at the Montage?

Dude,
Have you ever been to Lake Michigan? It's not as big as the ocean but stand in front of it and you can not see or swim across it. It runs along "several" states. Although there's no ocean close by they do dive in the midwest so seeing a diver is not new to them. I can asure you as a transplant from the midwest who's been here over 30 years midwesterners are far from being stupid. They definitely wouldn't pay 1500 bucks for a room. :)

I think you're on the right track though with someone who lives or works at the hotel having a problem with divers or maybe even with your friend himself.

I was amused when I read this. Back in 1976 I took my then girlfriend, a native Californian, to meet my parents in Chicago. I drove her to a bluff above Lake Michigan. She looked out and asked "Is this the Atlantic Ocean?"

Jean-Michel Cousteau once told me that the roughest ride he had on the Calypso was in the Midwest's Lake Superior.

Back
Top Bottom