Hasselblad and Ultima Digital

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm gonna suspect that the prices on the boxes were not in US Dollars, the Hong Kong Dollar was eight or nine to one US.

iain: but these are not the relatively inexpensive housings that the original poster is talking about, or am I just not seeing this correctly.
Bill

Bill.

It’s probably me, but can you define “relatively inexpensive” for me. LOL

I was just commenting on everyone banging on about flooding, besides do you know of anyone who has made a claim on a flooded Blad used while diving underwater?……….Of course not, its always “I was talking a picture by a river and fell in” LOL

As for price again I don’t see this as a major hold up, Mostly the cameras over hear (UK) at least are hired or leased and the housings hired as I stated. It’s a great way to assess a system and as one poster stated the only drawback is “once bitten” it’s kind of hard to go back.

Look older bodies come up on E-bay and the like for next to nothing, apart from the super wide, but backs and lens are also hired easy. This would be my take on inexpensive: a V system with a hired back. The original Hblad housings are now also old hat if the deposit is anything to go by as its around $3000 even if you walk (I mean loose it). Iain Middlebrook

The housing is "relatively inexpensive" when compared to the purchase price of the camera itself! LOL

I shouldn't be so negative when I say I will never be able to afford a Hasselblad. I should actually say, when luck strikes and I get the big break I'm looking for, I will utilize the monetary gain to improve my equipment to match, if not exceed, the quality of the equipment which professional photographers like Iain and Peter use. :cool2:

Colleen

The housing is "relatively inexpensive" when compared to the purchase price of the camera itself! LOL

I shouldn't be so negative when I say I will never be able to afford a Hasselblad. I should actually say, when luck strikes and I get the big break I'm looking for, I will utilize the monetary gain to improve my equipment to match, if not exceed, the quality of the equipment which professional photographers like Iain and Peter use. :cool2:

Colleen

I can absolutely tell you in my case, the quality of the equipment I use far exceeds the quality of the users ability!! LOL:rofl3:

pretty sure it was us bucks....the tags had the calif. store name and address...
We had two Hasseacor (sp?) setups at the lab, just like the one on the right in the photo. As I recall they where about $2k each, and that was back when $2K was real money. I'm quite sure that the housings were no where near $11,500, all the other parts you listed seem to me to be not quite an order of magnitude too pricey.

I can absolutely tell you in my case, the quality of the equipment I use far exceeds the quality of the users ability!! LOL:rofl3:

LOL..photograph, photograph, photograph...delete, delete, ooohhh a good one! LOL

Colleen

LOL..photograph, photograph, photograph...delete, delete, ooohhh a good one! LOL

Colleen

You forgot to add "a good one ! How did that happen?"

Peter

PS Very hard to delete on 2 1/4in Film!!!!LOL

For interested party we will offer a weekend workshops which includes use of H3DII-50, all lenses and housing. Watch here for more info or email peter@peterlorber.com

Pete, It's great to see that there are still people out there who care and understand about quality professional underwater photography. To many times I hear on set that we'll just go with an image capture from the motion side and photoshop what we need into it! It can be very hard sometime to convince the agency that a high quality photo is going to make their product look better, especially underwater!

Peter

Back
Top Bottom