Hasselblad and Ultima Digital

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Underwater photography at its best with Hassleblad 50 mp camera and Ultima Digital underwater housing for Hasselblad. Can't match the quality with any other camera system. You can contact me with any questions you may have, 561-361-0031.

Underwater photography at its best with Hassleblad 50 mp camera and Ultima Digital underwater housing for Hasselblad. Can't match the quality with any other camera system. You can contact me with any questions you may have, 561-361-0031.

Nice setup. lol. Gonna be a B**ch when that thing floods.

Phil Ellis
www.divesports.com

I agree..nice camera but I wouldn't want to flood it.

Colleen

I have owned three "Hasselbrownies." Victor Hasselblad developed the greatest cameras ever made, but also the most expensive camera ever made. I can only imagine the price on the new models...sell your home and buy a Hasselblad... If it floods shoot your self....

Had a SW500 C in a homemade plastic case.. Great UW! but also made me nervious every time I used it.. Finally retired it from UW use.

Never again !

sdm

Wow... the guy's right here in Boca. Let's see... the body is around 22 grand, the back is around 43 thou, and off the top of my head, I bet the housing costs more than the $50 I paid Canon for my A720 housing. Maybe they can store some in my warehouse.
If I ever flooded something like this, I'd have no use for the other 49 rounds in a box of bullets.

I'm sure there are a few posters here who do live-aboards every month and have unltd. resources. Until I'm one of them, I have my favorite lotto numbers and camera envy to take with me on every dive!:mooner:

What lenses are you using with this system? I have been using a Hass 500el with a 70mm back and with the 30 - 40 and 50mm CF lenses for years and it is still without doubt the best camera Ive ever used underwater!

Flooding, what flooding, I've never even had a drop. Believe it or not the cost of the camera and housing works out to be just a little more than the top Nikon or Cannon with Seacam. I use mine with any lens from 28mm to 120mm. Once I saw the difference in quality of images side by side, I can never go back to "35mm".

Flooding, what flooding, I've never even had a drop. Believe it or not the cost of the camera and housing works out to be just a little more than the top Nikon or Cannon with Seacam. I use mine with any lens from 28mm to 120mm. Once I saw the difference in quality of images side by side, I can never go back to "35mm".

HUH? The housing must be pretty cheap then. A top end Nikon (D3s) is 5K while the Hasselblad without lens is $22K. Best macro lens for the Nikon (105VR) is $850 and the hassy equivalent is $3700. The Seacam housing with ports is $10 K so the Nikon system is 16K all in while the Hassy is $10K more without the housing. Granted it might take better pictures (maybe, Walt Stearns is shooting some gorgeous stuff) but assuming the housing is similarly priced to the Seacam (let alone Aquatica or Subal or ...) the we are about 20K more for the hassy system. Maybe the housing comes with 10 weeks of liveaboard trips?

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom