haskill re-build kits so $$

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

v101

Contributor
Reaction score
So I have a Haskill mini sport booster, its due for a service / re-build. I checked on the re-build kit parts, and why the cost is so $$ for the kits?

i can get it re-build for around 1500.00

thinking if I have to get this done every few years, is there any specialized tools needed to do a re-build on these?

Has anyone worked on these and taken apart to rebuild or replace the o-rings on them? is this very difficult ?

The air drive sections are pretty straightforward. IIRC, the only tool most people may not have is some snap ring pliers to get to the air spool. (Hint: push out the air spool from the air inlet with something like a pencil) The boost portion is a little more involved.

I may have a copy of the maintenance procedure, I'll have to search a little.

many thanks!
so for the 0-ring kits that are sold for Crazy markup, are the o-rings standard ones I can buy from where i typically buy my o-rings, which is the scuba department of mccaster carr ? or is the re-build kits include "other" parts that are not just o-rings?

many thanks!
so for the 0-ring kits that are sold for Crazy markup, are the o-rings standard ones I can buy from where i typically buy my o-rings, which is the scuba department of mccaster carr ? or is the re-build kits include "other" parts that are not just o-rings?
I forget what's the sizes are. IIRC, The air spool and sleeve are standard sizes. A smaller standard size will work on the stem if the rubber part is damaged. For the air drive piston it's a little tricky. I matched up an o-ring from an older Catepillar diesel trucks oil filter that was a perfect match, no idea what the size was. The gas section has some standard sizes and some parts I wasn't able to match to anything (may be proprietary, I just used the kit I had).

Be careful with o-ring materials when matching them after-market. You should use Viton over Nitrile in oxygen rich environments.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom