Haskel Mini Booster whips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NorthWoodsDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I put together this whip setup for a friends who got the haskel mini sport booster.

missing from the pictures is:
1 sherwood 6000psi line valve on the output side.
1 CGA 677 High pressure (6000PSI) helium fitting with quick disconnect.

scuba001.jpg

It completely breaks down for storage or transport.

scuba011.jpg

And everything is interchangeable so if you want to skip the booster and just transfill or check the pressure in the O2 banks or whatever its all compatable.

everything is rated to at least 3000psi but since we wanted to use high pressure HE tanks at 6000psi we selected components that were burst rated to much higher pressures. eventually I plan to change out the "T"s for stainless and find hoses with fittings rated to the appropriate pressure. the quick disconnects are rated for 4500psi but burst tested to over 18000psi .

I also plan to switch up the 3rd gauge for a digital or a 5" analog. Eventually.

I will try and get some photos of everything including the booster in a custom plucked foam block inside a pelican case.

I can generally speaking build these for a bit cheaper than you can buy even the simple whip sets from DRE. does anyone think that its worth investigating selling a similar setup maybe even with the booster for a reasonable rate.

I found out I can get a considerable deal on the mini sport boosters if I can buy at least 12!! plus getting all the fittings in a bulk order saves shipping and usually allows for a bulk discount. So I was entertaining the idea of building a dozen whips and getting all the nice add-ons and putting everything in a pelican case including the booster for sale at a price that just makes me enough money to cover my own whips with digital gauge. customers could select the 3rd gauge being digital or analog or 5" and a few other options like the HP HE hookups.

feedback appreciated. Thanks

So, Your indication is that you would build 12 units and sell off 11 to pay off all expenses?
If so, then nobody should take offense to that sort of mark-up (11%)
What would matter though, would be if you have sought out the"best" posible price for all the components involved.
One of these units sure wouild be sweet for some of the trips we plan from time to time.

So, long - short. How much are you figuring on for a price?
Both with and without upgrades?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom