Has sale to Huish affected Atomic quality/service? One person's recent experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Huh? All of the Atomics basically breath identically - same mechanism internally. Octo might be adjusted a little tighter, but that's just that - an adjustment. I have a Z2 in Yum Yum Yellow as an Octo, and it breathes identically to my B2 second, as long as the adjustment knob is set the same. (I keep the Z2 tightened up a bit to prevent free flows)

When are we installing that sarcasm font?

I nominate Comic Sans!

Seconded quick call netdoc.

Hello Everybody!

Thanks for the posts, everyone! Atomic Aquatics is still in business and doing some amazing things. I was here pre Huish Outdoors, and I can honestly say there have been nothing but improvements on our end. The sky is the limit to where we go from here as a brand and a company.

Divedrewsf: My apologies for your experience in speaking to one of our CS team members. I think the most difficult task we have as a larger brand is making sure all members of our team are educated enough to help with questions similar to yours. This is a constant challenge as most emphasis is placed on the current or new items and not some of the older parts. We try to review as much as we can on some of the older generations so that we can confidently speak to our large consumer base, but sometimes it does not always reach everyone. I would be happy to send out a Gray Ti2 front cover if you need one as well, there are a few of those around here still and would be happy to put one in the mail. Just PM me your address and I will arrange it.

Dean Garraffa and Doug Toth (Founders of Atomic Aquatics) are still heavily involved and in fact have their offices are right next to mine. Dean has become the President of Water Sports and helps to oversee the direction of not only Atomic Aquatics, but Huish Outdoors as well. His leadership helps to reinforce the values of what Atomic Aquatics was founded on, and it has now spread to our entire family - including BARE Sports, Liquivision, Stahlsac, and Zeagle.

Thanks again to everyone here! Your continued support and energy are what really drive us to keep putting out the Best of the Best!

Kind Regards,

Ryan Kenney
Huish Outdoors/Atomic Aquatics

Thanks for the reassuring and cogent reply, Ryan. I intentionally left out the gory details of my exchange...but I assure you that my post was merely to get more feedback from the community (and yourself) that all is well at Atomic (and not intended to flame Atomic/Huish as some seem to have [mis]interpreted). As I stated....my T2 has been a workhorse and this being the one/only time I've ever needed to seek out service directly from the company. So, despite my finally getting a replacement cover...I assure you (all) the path to get there was very difficult, hence arousing my concern.

I will PM you to take advantage of your kind offer to send me a replacement. Since they are an 'endangered species,' it's likely a good idea to have a spare just in case. After all, I'm not retiring my Atomic reg any time soon. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom