• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Has DRIS jumped ship?

Discussion in 'Dive Right in Scuba' started by confuted, Mar 12, 2017.

Has DRIS jumped ship?

1. Yes, service is slipping

6 vote(s)
    20.7%
  2. No, they're as good as ever

23 vote(s)
    79.3%
  1. Yancey M

Yancey M SCUBA Addict

I ordered some tanks when they had them on sale back in December. They were out of the valves and emailed me quickly to let me know what had happened and also when they would be in. They even told me they would substitute the valves if I didn't want to wait but since I didn't have plans to use them soon I waited. The order went out faster then they had said and the person I corresponded to on email as well as the one I spoke to on the phone were helpful and fast to aid me.

2. cerich

cerich ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    ScubaWithTurk and RandomGuy1 like this.
  3. Marie13

Marie13 Great Lakes Mermaid ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 200 - 499
  4. Wookie

Wookie Secret Field Agent ScubaBoard Business Sponsor

moved to new thread.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  5. Jayfarmlaw

Jayfarmlaw Divemaster

I will happily share my DRIS story. 3 years ago me, my wife, and 2 daughters got certified for an upcoming cruise to Cozumel. We ordered 4 sets of Hog/Edge regulators, consoles, and Octos. Mike helped me figure out what we needed because I was about to order something completely wrong.... They came in the week before we left. 3 days before we left, I was putting everything together and one of the adjustment knobs on the Octos broke off. We were leaving in 3 days. A call to DRIS and a new Octo was overnighted....free. When we returned from Cozumel, I shipped the broken Octo back. Just that simple.

That is customer service.

We buy regularly from several online scuba stores, DRIS always gets a chance at my business.

Jay

6. Aqua-Andy

Aqua-Andy Solo Diver

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Mike, thanks for the tour of the shop, it was nice to see behind the scenes. I have always had excellent customer service from your shop, keep up the good work. I can't believe the amount of inventory you stock! I think it's safe to say you are one of the big players in the industry.

Dive Right In Scuba and Marie13 like this.
  7. Dive Right In Scuba

Dive Right In Scuba ScubaBoard Business Sponsor ScubaBoard Business Sponsor

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    It's never enough :wink:

8. lukemil

lukemil Angel Fish

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    I am a long time customer of DRIS and will continue. They're more responsive, cheaper, and nicer than any other dive shop, local or mail-order. They have consistently delivered on time and for less money. The one and only time there was an issue with a shipment, they immediately made it right. Keep up the good work, Mike!

9. They call me Tater

They call me Tater Instructor, Scuba

DRIS has been more than 5 star for me on several occasions. My cart is full even as we speak :)

10. noj3333

noj3333 Solo Diver

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    @Dive Right In Scuba all of my previous orders have been to leisure pro and dive gear express. Due to this thread I thought I should give you guys a shot when I needed to put my next order in. I know $240 won't make or break your business, but I was happy to spend it with you guys!

Dive Right In Scuba and Marie13 like this.