Has DRIS jumped ship?

Has DRIS jumped ship?

• Yes, service is slipping

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • No, they're as good as ever

Votes: 23 76.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

confuted

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I don't post here much, but I'm not sure where else to turn.

Over the past few years, my wife and I have spent tons of money with DRIS as we ramped up into tech diving. My email receipts alone total over $2000 since 11/2015; my wife has spent at least several hundred more. Until the last four months, the service has always been awesome.

Did something happen at DRIS?

Last November, I purchased a neck seal for my drysuit. There was nothing on the website to indicate that it was out of stock. It took weeks and several emails to finally receive the neck seal. At one point, I requested a refund as I couldn't keep waiting for a new neck seal - that request was ignored, but whatever - I eventually received what my order.

Last month, my wife ordered a hood, some socks, and dry glove liners. Again, it took weeks to receive the order, with no indication on the website that some parts of the order weren't in stock. Hmm, the customer service used to be better than this.

Last week, I ordered a helium/oxygen analyzer for $720. I paid for 2 day air shipping. I quickly received an email saying the order would be drop shipped from the manufacturer and that I would be receiving a tracking number shortly. Yesterday, I emailed inquiring about the tracking number, which I had not received. No response. Today, I emailed again, and again got no response. It's been three full days since I ordered, and I have neither a tracking number nor a response from customer service.

I've heard similar complaints from other New England divers in the last few months.

So my question is: Has DRIS jumped ship? Where else should I direct my business?

Just sticking my nose in...

DRIS is my LDS.

1. The online store doesn't reflect inventory at all. I don't know if it ever did.

2. I occasionally order small things online, for in-store pickup. If something isn't in stock, I get an email with 24 hours reflecting that fact.

3. The brick & mortar store isn't open on Sundays, so I'd think it would be very unusual for you to actually get an email from them.

I don't see any degradation in their customer service. I'm in and out of the store pretty often. I know multiple people who order from them pretty often without complaints.

I don't post here much, but I'm not sure where else to turn.

Over the past few years, my wife and I have spent tons of money with DRIS as we ramped up into tech diving. My email receipts alone total over $2000 since 11/2015; my wife has spent at least several hundred more. Until the last four months, the service has always been awesome.

Did something happen at DRIS?

Last November, I purchased a neck seal for my drysuit. There was nothing on the website to indicate that it was out of stock. It took weeks and several emails to finally receive the neck seal. At one point, I requested a refund as I couldn't keep waiting for a new neck seal - that request was ignored, but whatever - I eventually received what my order.

Last month, my wife ordered a hood, some socks, and dry glove liners. Again, it took weeks to receive the order, with no indication on the website that some parts of the order weren't in stock. Hmm, the customer service used to be better than this.

Last week, I ordered a helium/oxygen analyzer for $720. I paid for 2 day air shipping. I quickly received an email saying the order would be drop shipped from the manufacturer and that I would be receiving a tracking number shortly. Yesterday, I emailed inquiring about the tracking number, which I had not received. No response. Today, I emailed again, and again got no response. It's been three full days since I ordered, and I have neither a tracking number nor a response from customer service.

I've heard similar complaints from other New England divers in the last few months.

So my question is: Has DRIS jumped ship? Where else should I direct my business?
You could try dive gear express. I ordered a bp/w system from them. they were very quick on processing and shipping my order and answered all my silly questions on setup as this is my first bp/w.

I have had several experiences where I would order, and only after the fact find out the item is not is stock or backordered. I seconds that divegearexpress seems to be quicker. Never had an issue with the "customer service" side of things, merely the inventory side of things.

Your experience does not match mine. In November I needed a SeaLife Micro camera. I wanted it in two days before I left on a trip. It was dropped shipped from SeaLife and DRIS communicated well the entire time.

I February I ordered a Signature Fit DUI drysuit. There was a bit of a snafu in the DUI/DRIS order handoff communications. DRIS jumped in and handled things well...primarily through the excellent communication provided by Kasia.

So I am still experiencing the same level of service as I have in the past.

I don't order as much from DRIS anymore as DGX tends to have equal/better pricing on the stuff I'm looking for with a smaller minimum order for free shipping.

But I've never had issues with service.

I ordered a lot from them last year. I too have noticed over the last few months shipping has slowed immensely. Seems to take weeks to get anything as everything is "out of stock" which you only find out by email after you place the order. DGX seems to have the same prices and much much faster delivery. DRIS still answers emails at least even if the shipping has slowed.

DGX is where I go. Fast shipping. Never had a problem with them.

I went to a local scuba store this week looking for a couple things. This shop has a strong online presence. One of the items I was looking for was a small SPG gauge. They had several in BAR but only one PSI and it was larger than I was looking for. Sales rep told me he could get the items I was looking for in a week but they were not stocking much. He mentioned that they were having a hard time getting product because many of their suppliers did not have it. He also told me that he thought some major manufacturers might be going out of business. I know b&m retail is struggling now with the ever increasing ecom business. Is the dive industry declining that much?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom