Question has been asked before hundreds of times but i would like an updated option

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Am I wrong or the tech Diver community seem to prefer the Apkes over scubapro?
Apeks is significantly cheaper in the EU and generally more prevalent there and in the UK. In the US, the split is more even, at least in the cave diving circles. Most CCRs come w Apeks first stages as stock.

Either work. Apeks is going to continue to exist and be supported. It is too good of a line to just disappear. Though there are apparently parts distritribution problems. Long term I expect that to rectified sooner than later.

Both work. Whatever you buy, you will be happy.

I put this under flip a coin.

Am I wrong or the tech Diver community seem to prefer the Apkes over scubapro?
Not sure if that is true. Both are overpriced in the US. Deep5, HOG are good choices for us on this side of the pond.

I have both, and I can't imagine something breathing better, the only reason Apeks XTX second wins by a nose for me is the wider exhaust, and slightly better exhalation effort.

first stage max flow rates are not a useful criteria for picking a regulator. that it could theoretically empty a 12L 232bar tank in 20 sec instead of 25 sec is an academic exercise, not a practical one.

apeks is easier if you are going DIY, otherwise it really comes down to whether you have better regional support for apeks or scubapro.

Either work. Apeks is going to continue to exist and be supported. It is too good of a line to just disappear. Though there are apparently parts distritribution problems. Long term I expect that to rectified sooner than later.
Also Dacor was an eccellent brand, still they disappeared.
Same as Technisub here in Itsly.
Technical excellence not always pairs with good business....
As my original Scubapro Mark 5, bought in 1976, is still fully operational with updated parts from newer, compatible models, I would have no doubt buying the Scubapro.

It must be said that I am a bit partial, as the Scubapro factory is close here (in Casarza Ligure) and I was trained there on regulator servicing, and here it is easy to get either spare parts and full service kits. Not so easy for Apeks.

Regarding prices, Svubapro is slightly cheaper, but just a few bucks:
Here the models without rotating turret (which I prefer):

And here the version with rotating turret:

Back
Top Bottom