Question has been asked before hundreds of times but i would like an updated option

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mario007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
i'm deciding between SB mk19 evo/G260 vs Apkes DST/xtx, i want something Sealed, with turret, something that i can use for technical in case in the future i decide to go for it, now after the recent troubles of AL i don't if it's wise to get Apeks. I'm in Malta and seem there is not problem ( at the moment) to get either parts for service.
What's your take?

Lots of Apeks regs. Lots of Apeks spares. Lots of equivalent Apeks-compatible spares.

DSTs are good.

In the end it's whatever you want.

i'm deciding between SB mk19 evo/G260 vs Apkes DST/xtx, i want something Sealed, with turret, something that i can use for technical in case in the future i decide to go for it, now after the recent troubles of AL i don't if it's wise to get Apeks. I'm in Malta and seem there is not problem ( at the moment) to get either parts for service.
What's your take?

I think that you are answering your own question :)

AL is having some financial troubles, even if I don't think that they will just disappear, these troubles may effect their product lines and their availability. I'd go with Scubapro myself.

I guess as quality and capabilities are very much the same? I can't find any comparison between mk19 Vs dst

With an unrestricted constant pressure of 200 bar the Scubapro Mark 17 Evo can flow in excess of 242 cfm. The Mark 25 Evo in excess of 300 cfm. The Mark 2 Evo is an average of 100 cfm and at 200 bar is 106 cfm. Just for reference. I do not have the Mark 19 Evo spec in front of me but it being a Mark 17 Evo, more or less with a turret, it should be at least equal to the MARK 17 Evo. Any of these regulators can support two divers at sport diving depths with capacity remaining.

With an unrestricted constant pressure of 200 bar the Scubapro Mark 17 Evo can flow in excess of 242 cfm. The Mark 25 Evo in excess of 300 cfm. The Mark 2 Evo is an average of 100 cfm and at 200 bar is 106 cfm. Just for reference. I do not have the Mark 19 Evo spec in front of me but it being a Mark 17 Evo, more or less with a turret, it should be at least equal to the MARK 17 Evo. Any of these regulators can support two divers at sport diving depths with capacity remaining.
Do you know how they compare with the DST?

It doesn’t matter. Buy whichever fits your price and service availability better.
And that was really my point, that the performance capability of these regulators far exceeds the divers demand by so many multiples thereof is that absolute flow rates should not really be a general concern. Parts, service and perhaps price. Then there are all of the less quantifiable and esoteric preferences that affect every purchase decision.

Am I wrong or the tech Diver community seem to prefer the Apkes over scubapro?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom