Has anyone tried these weight belt pouches?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My LDS has the XS Scuba single pouches. Bought one that I would have sworn slid over my tank strap. Have a travel BC so not many options. Pretty sure it wasn't the Velcro. Liked it because I could just leave it on the strap - very first dive with it and I happened to need an extra weight; getting on the boat after the dive, there was no weight pouch! We had gone through a very tight swim through and I may have brushed the top. Couldn't figure out how it came off the strap. Did the same dive the next day but couldn't find it.

I'm still getting another one though.

I looked at those XS Scuba single weight pouches, but I'm not sure that I like the idea of the velcro belt loop.I can see how on a tank band that they would be more secure, not so sure about a weight belt though. But I like the idea of knowing their are a name brand, and they seem a bit more streamlined. I'm not completely sold on the pocket idea yet, but it seemed like maybe a good idea. :wink:

I think you’re looking at the quick attach version, which is what I have. There is another that is available through Leisure Pro that has webbing belt loops. Also by XS Scuba.

I think you’re looking at the quick attach version, which is what I have. There is another that is available through Leisure Pro that has webbing belt loops. Also by XS Scuba.
The quick attach should Ben trapped by the cylinder band when tightened - no way to get knocked off. The lost pouch may not have been attached correctly. Or perhaps it was threaded on the loose tail of the strap rather than inside the buckle?

Ive been using an XS Scuba belt and weight and trim pockets for years on my scuba rig because I change belt weights, and sometimes trim weights, when I change between tanks. They have held up well and will buy them again when they wear out.

I use a rubber belt for free diving, and would use it when scuba diving if I didn’t use a variety of tanks.

We have been using these trim pockets on our tanks: Trim Weight Pouch

The hook and pile (Velco) is very stout and we can easily but two three pound weights in there. A bit more expensive, but could work on a weight belt.

0EDB6504-DA1D-4ECE-B475-E6BD2B3A4007.jpeg
Thanks everyone! I thought you may like to see what I ended up with. These pouches are by Mares ... have both Velcro and plastic fasteners to secure the flap. And the belt loops are sewn. They hold a maximum weight of 4 pounds each. The big test will be when I finally dive using it. But they seem pretty rugged.

Pouches are $9 bucks apiece from Divers Supply.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom