Has anyone seen Cozumel's Fiesta Americana lately?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djanni

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Fiesta Americana & DeepBlue - Planning trip for 1st week in September

We're trying to make new plans. We were book at the Occidental Allegro (RCI) and just found out yesterday it's closed until November.

The Fiesta Americana is available the week we need it. Have you seen it recently? We know it's open but how is it?

There's a pretty good package deal thru Deep Blue - How would you rate DeepBlue?

There's also availability at Scuba Club. How would you compre these two?

Comments appreciated. We already have a plane tickets and hope to make the trip.

The hotel itself is OK, but the big palapa over the restaurant by the pool was destroyed. I'd probably go with the scuba club choice at the moment.

FA is a good place to stay. I have dived with Deep Blue on two different trips and they are excellent. Hector and Javier are excellent DM's.
I haven't seen the damage to the palapa at FA, but if you choose to eat at some of the great restraunts in town, then the damaged palapa shouldn't matter much. My favorite DiveOp is Blue XT Sea, because the high level of service and customer relations are extraordinary. If you have a great deal through Deep Blue, go for it! They are my second favorite.

Stay at FA twice a year. Never do AI as well love the Rest in Coz. I would not worry about the damage since its not going to affect your hotel stay. You might try upgrading to the Casita Suites. They are quite nice and very large. You also get a Continental Breakfast included in the package. Perfect pre dive breakfast. Have a great time. We always use Aldora but have heard good things about Deep Blue. They also use steel 120's for extended bottom times. Pricing I believe is quite comparable.

3 weeks we'ree in Coz. Sept 3 through the 11th.

Diving with BlueXTsea.

So have anyone been to the hotel in the last week or 2 and how about the diving - the viz especially.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom