Has anyone met one of the diving greats such as Gary Gentile?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not Found
The requested URL /pics/natasha/index.html was not found on this server.

That's not a big surprise considering all the server failures we've had since it was posted 7 years ago. I can testify that I have seen the photo. It's legit.

That's not a big surprise considering all the server failures we've had since it was posted 7 years ago. I can testify that I have seen the photo. It's legit.

For the record: The Photo Gallery became a part of ScubaBoard in 2004 and all photos prior to that were discarded during the transfer. Even now, members have the right to remove any of their photos at any time. Our gallery was closed during our server issues and has thus suffered no loss of data. :D

So it was intentionally discarded or it was discarded through a glitch? I know we had a photo gallery prior to 2004.

Back to the original question: who hasn't? :D

It was intentionally discarded. According to my research... The current SB gallery was created in 2004. If there was in fact a gallery of sorts before that... It was completely different. However a directory named /natasha/ implies that she had (and she did have) administrator rights back then... which she no longer does. [/hijack]

She wasn't an administrator, she was a moderator. Sometime after the start of 2004, she was made a Supervisor (later Advisor) which wasn't a position in 2001. In 2001, only King Neptune, Lady Diver and Ted (what was his screen name?) were administrators.

So who is this Natasha?

The closest to a "legend" I've met, and likely not many have heard of him, is Mike Fletcher. He's the lead diver from a TV show about identifying shipwrecks called "The Sea Hunters" that is named after the Clive Cussler book, and Clive supports the team of researchers to go find wrecks for him. I know he's also been involved in several other tv projects as a photographer.

Jill Heinerth (cave diver, explorer) and Bernie Chowdhury (diver, author "The Last Dive") at Shipwrecks 2008 in Welland, Ontario. Both were down to earth and very easy to talk to, and had lots of information to impart.

Captain Don Stewart, of Bonaire fame, who developed the mooring buoy system which evolved into the Marine Park on Bonaire, a real, and fun character.

Now, a better question would be "what "famous" diver have you dived with?":wink:

...Ted (what was his screen name?)...

TechAdmin, later changed to Ted S.

shoredivr:
Jill Heinerth (cave diver, explorer) and Bernie Chowdhury (diver, author "The Last Dive")

I have met Jill and seen her interacting in public. She is extremely down to earth. Great lady!

I have corresponded with Bernie through e-mail. Also very down to earth and I got no sense of cockiness from him (actually he came across as a very humble, respectful person).

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom