Has anyone here used a Proshot iPhone waterproof case?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mi000ke

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I received a Proshot iPhone waterproof housing this evening for Christmas (eve), and before I decide whether to use it or return it I wanted to see if the SB community had any opinions about it or experience with it. I have found almost nothing about it online other than the company's website. The plus is that they claim it to be waterproof to 100'.

I have done lots of (semi)serious photography on land, but none underwater. I am not ready to spend the money to outfit my 5D, but had been thinking about getting a housing for my Canon s110 as a way to start tinkering with underwater photography now that I finally have some control over my buoyancy. So I'm wondering if the iPhone plus Proshot would be as good as the s110 - or at least good enough - for an introduction to underwater photography. TIA.

If you mean a Watershot Pro housing, 8 have one that I use with an iPhone 6. I'm not a pro photographer by any means, but I've been happy with it. I use the digital red filter their app provides and it takes very nice (to my eye anyway) photos- they are on par with how photos taken at the surface from an iPhone. I can post some examples that I took on Molasses Reef in Key Largo with it if you like.

Looks very similar to my case- different brand but same concept. Regardless, the camera inside the housing will remain the same. If you don't have a digital red filter, you will definitely need a physical one or a good source of light, as my pictures were pretty blue at just 15' without one or the other. With a red filter or a bright light I had no issues. To my eye they looked equivalent to a GoPro, but again, I'm just a casual photographer not a pro.

If you mean a Watershot Pro housing, 8 have one that I use with an iPhone 6. I'm not a pro photographer by any means, but I've been happy with it. I use the digital red filter their app provides and it takes very nice (to my eye anyway) photos- they are on par with how photos taken at the surface from an iPhone. I can post some examples that I took on Molasses Reef in Key Largo with it if you like.
How did you get the digital red filter? I found the filters setting but it tells me I need to buy an advanced camera license?

I paid the $2 for the "pro" upgrade to the app. Well worth it.
How did you get the digital red filter? I found the filters setting but it tells me I need to buy an advanced camera license?

I have a story about I phones and life case. Got a call from a friend that the evening before he dropped his I phone in at the 10 ft deep pier and wanted me to come dive and find it. Well I found it and when I handed it to him he hit the button and it came on. I took the phone in amazement and the case sealed the outer edge of the glass not over the glass. In the bottom of the glass was about 1/2 inch of salt water. Yes inside the phone. I seen the kid the next day with the still functioning IPhone, no water in the phone but it was still working. Go figure that. must have some kind of sealant on all the internal parts. He even took the waterproof case off and it had no cover over the phone glass. Apple should send me a new I phone for posting this about there phone.

Back
Top Bottom