Has anyone dove this spring?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
Hello everyone! Been on the boards here for a while now and finally signed up about a year or so ago. (To view pics I believe:D) Anyways, I figured I'd post somthing. I live in Northwest Florida and love the water, but I'm not a diver. I plan to get atleast get OW cert eventually though. I love the springs in the area, but tend to stay away from the ones that don't require a boat to get to because of how packed they get.

Anyways, on to my question..... There is this spring in Holmes Creek that I am curious to know if anyone has dove. I know of several "off the beaten path" springs close by that have been dove by atleast a few people, but have never seen this one mentioned on here or anywhere else on the web. I'm not sure it even has a name. It is right in the creek, and you wouldn't even know it was there unless the water level is really low. The basin is aprox 60' wide and a max of 25' deep and crystal clear when the creek is down. There is a huge limestone overhang about 8' from the surface. Not much flow for it's size though. Since I'm not a diver, I couldn't say if there is an enterable cave or not. From what I can see with a mask and fins it looks like there very well could be though. It's located JUST north of the CO HWY 284 bridge.

So....... Anyone know where I'm talking about? It's a very short drive from Cypress and Becton, so I know SOMEBODY has had to dove this thing, I've just never seen or heard. I can post coordinates if anyone wants to see exactly where its at on Google Earth.

hard to tell without a map or better description. Is it upstream from Beckton? If it is, I know two people who have dove it, but I believe they told me it doesn't "go" (not big enough for a human to dive it beyond the cavern zone).

Oh no, it's atleast 15 miles down stream from Becton. I'm not sure how to post a screen shot from google earth, but here are the coordinates.......
(30°34'28.03"N - 85°50'25.51"W)

There is a boat launch at the bridge you see just south of there. With Vortoberfest coming up, I know people will be renting canoes to get to Cypress and this is just down the road from Vernon. I actually made a really crappy video of the this place, I'll see if I can find it and upload to YouTube.

Looks like it is worth a try. Thanks for sharing...

Back
Top Bottom