has anyone done an IDC in Malaysia?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi!
I am also looking to do the same thing around that time except I think I will be there Novemeber. I have looked at a number of options basically all of eastern malaysia would be out, 1 month is not long enough and the wet sets in then. Borneo would be great, I have dived off Sipidean and mabul island and it was great, but I haven't got replies from my enquires to there, so I was a bit disapointed, I might try again, Borneo divers is the big one there, I think you have to do the IDC in kota kinablau in Sabah. I have heard the diving is ok there but I didn't go I saved it for sipidan!
You may actually find indonesia cheaper in terms of accomadation, I haven't found much difference in cost of the actual courses. I have dived off Bali, Tulamben, that was Ok but I like the idea of doing courses in Gillies trawangan, i think it is dream divers. You can get accomadation for about 20000 rupiah which is about 3 USD, but that is very basic and you would sort it when you are there. I think I have settled on Sulawesi, i haven't been there but it sounds really interesting and I like their environmental policies, i think that was Eco divers. What has anyone else heard of Manado, sulawesi??
Sharon

Hi guys, sorry for waiting!

JC is indeed PADI Master Instructor, DAN Instructor Trainer and IANTD Instructor Trainer for more or less all levels.

Ben is also PADI MI, DAN Instr. and IANTD Adv. Nitrox Instr., same as me.

When we have IDCs, we get a CD (Andrew Lee) from Langkawi over here, IEs are usually either here in Salang or in Tekek on Tioman. Next ones will be in July and October I believe.

Hey, diving is great at the moment. Flat sea and 20 to 30 meters in viz... seems that we have to take up the chance and go to the Repulse in a week or so...

Happy Bubbles,
Martin

martin,

how's the booking for school holidays look like ? this time i know i won't be hampered by Kluang flooding like it was back in March.

take care.

Hi Lanun,

It doesn't look good over school holidays, seems that accommodation on the island is booked out. Diving wouldn't be a problem though. Best is to give our secretary Zalina a call so she can try for accommodation. Our phone no is 09 419 55 55.

Cheers,
Martin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom