Has anyone chartered a low-altitude bonaire-Curacao flight?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

apadua

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm sure you all figured out what i have in mind... Google earth says it's 72k (45miles), so it's easily doable if laws allow.

So... if you or your group tried this...

Did it work out?
Did they accept flying under 1500ft?
How much was it?

Thanks so much!

Cheers!

The flight is only 15 min so I don't think you can go very high, if you know what I am saying.

never thought of it that way, but you're absolutely right. It may well be that EVERY flight is a low-altitude flight :)

Not really since Insel or DAE will pressurize the cabin on takeoff. So in effect you're flying at 8000'.

You might check with Divi Divi, I think their planes are too small to be pressurized - no idea how high they fly though.

Attachments

• P1010248.jpg
    P1010248.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 85
  • P1010249.jpg
    P1010249.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 89
I honestly don't think they get more than 1,000 feet above the water on that flight in the unpressurized puddle jumpers. They'd just be wasting time and fuel if they went any higher.

i think it goes as high as a small plane can reach in 72/2=36km. That's nothing. I went cur/bon/cur by insel air. somewhat old, somewhat smelly, somewhat small and awkward seats, but it bravely reached destination. 11 min to go, 14 to be back.

On a similar experience, I was seated right behind the pilot on the even shorter hop from Saba to St. Maarten, and I had a clear view of the altimeter. Although the flight was advertised as having a top altitude of 2,000 feet, the plane stayed at 2,500 for most of the flight.

What is your schedule, and why are you concerned?

The DIVI DIVI will allow you to book the whole plane and run a second plane for your group.
You need to contact them for specifics.

They are not pressurized since the have cracked the window open in the past to get a flow of air in the cabin - during the flight!

Back
Top Bottom