Has anyone been to the the Whiskey Wreck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jwhitlock

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anyone been to the Whiskey Wreck in Gulf Shores lately since hurricane season and all the dredging.

Dove it last summer/fall? I need to check my divelog... I'm at work at the moment. Still mostly buried then with 6-12" of relief.

I walked down to the beach Saturday and the beach had been 'renourished' more than it had ever been since I've been in AL. You could probably almost walk to the damned wreck.

If you wanna dive it, lemme know, I'll go with you to check it out... Eventually, it'll be uncovered again - we won't know when unless people actually keep diving it to see whats there.

Im going out of town for the next two weekends . Ill get with you the first weekend in Feb. if your interested . I'm also off Mondays and Tuesdays . Let me know.

Sounds good

I work Mon-Fri but after work isn't out of the question, I can get at fairly decent times depending on my schedule.

If the weather is good how about THis upcoming Monday or Tuesday afternoon?

I'll be working in New Orleans Mon-Wed, dunno what time I'll be back Wed but possibly early enough? I work in New Orleans atleast one night a week. I'll be local Thurs and Fri and all weekend though.

It was a fun dive up until before Ivan. I've heard it was covered like this before, won't know when it gets uncovered until someone rides over it and sees it or dives it right?

Dec' 03 the Whiskey Wreck had just as much relief as the Oops Barge does now with more length to it :D

Ill be working Wed. -Fri. and Going to north Alabama Sat.-Mon. Ill give you a yell when I get back or if my plans change . If we cant find it we can possibly try the the old state park pier as a back up dive I heard it was a desent dive but you have to becareful due to debris from Ivan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom