has any one used a cobra tandem kayak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

abehunt

Reaction score
Has anyone used a tandem kayak to dive from solo? I thought that the balancing would be awkward with a rigid kayak designed for two to operate solo. I would think that you could store your gear in a certain way to off set the imbalances. I understand that the tandem will be slower. I posted a similar thread and some one told me to trust them that solo was the way to go and another said tandem so I don’t know. I imagine both work well and I am defiantly going to test both but a little info from personal experiences will help the decision Abe

Here is one of the somones and somone was talking about an inflatible and I about a rigid. Why not just go to their site and read about them? If Cobra is preferred over Ocean Kayak give them a call. I spoke at length with Cobra and they were very nice. I wound up with an Ocean Kayak Scupper TW and Prowler 13 for reasons of availability etc----Cobra is very nice, so is Ocean.

Tandem kayaks are not going to paddle solo like a solo kayak or day trip solo or any of that but since you don't believe me I suggest you ask them. I posted an excerpt straight from Ocean Kayak on exactly that in the other thread.

Well, good luck, I suppose your just going to keep asking for opinions until you get one that justifies what you want. Good luck, it will all work out. N

Back
Top Bottom