Harvey's Wet Suit - Am I all alone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divmstr223

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
When I was going through all of my certifications in 1995, Harvey's wetsuits were very popular amongst all the divers I knew. I've always wanted a Harvey's suit since then and I finally bought one last year and I tell ya, I have never bought a better suit. It's a 5mm One piece with the super stretch material and it fits Oh so nice..... I recommend it to anyone but I rarely see anyone wearing them. I know they aren't as popular as they used to be, but wondered who else wears one? :14:

I think you will find "brands" are like trends...they come and go. Way back when I was a young instructor the store I worked for was owned by Harvey's and it was the only brand of Wetsuit & Drysuits we had. (part of our lease, chuckle) We never had
any problems with them, but as I moved around I found less and less.
One explination might be Advertising or exposure by Reps working for Harvey's or just simply more obvious.......personal preference. Anyone that's been around for awhile would have to agree there aren't many companies that have been around as long as Harvey's and are still in business. IMHO

Rambo13:
I think you will find "brands" are like trends...they come and go. Way back when I was a young instructor the store I worked for was owned by Harvey's and it was the only brand of Wetsuit & Drysuits we had. (part of our lease, chuckle) We never had
any problems with them, but as I moved around I found less and less.
One explination might be Advertising or exposure by Reps working for Harvey's or just simply more obvious.......personal preference. Anyone that's been around for awhile would have to agree there aren't many companies that have been around as long as Harvey's and are still in business. IMHO

I'm sure you are right and it was absolutely the trend back then which is why I wanted it. Since then I haven't really followed trends when buying equipment, I buy what I feel is necessary and is right for me. But returning to the idea of buying a Harvey's suit was definitely the right decision for me and a very inexpensive one I might add. :D

I've been diving a Harvey's "Titanium Toaster" since '94.
Just recently went the dry suit route, however.

But it's an excellent suit. Great fit and sturdy.

the K

I picked up 1 mil Harvey's jump suit three or four years ago on close out from an on line company for summer diving. Can't recall which outfit. It was inexpensive but is very tough.
Haven't seen any for sale since.

I've got a Harvey's, and I love it. I live right near their manufacturing plant here near Seattle, so I got measured for the custom fit right on site. The fit is so good, I will sometimes take my suit off (7 mm farmer john, semi-dry) after a dive and have spots on the inside that are still dry. I haven't been cold once yet on a dive. At some point, I'll probably go dry, but for now, I love my Harvey's wetsuit.

The first wetsuit I ever owned was a Harvey's bought from the factory store near Seattle. Geez, '78? '79? I can't recall but it was a great suit that fit well and did it's job.

Enjoy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom