Harry Truman Reservoir

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You might want to try Pomme De Terre south of Truman also. May be closer to Truman than Stockton (depending where you are staying on Truman). Vis should be OK, but best dive site I hear is off the island (boat dive) where river used to undercut the island. Last time down there wasn't any air fill stations nearby. We dove off the campsites and had a good time. Found an anchor there, but long before Tabasco1955 lost his.

Vis was OK though where we were. Some boat traffic, but not too close into shore. Check topo map of area and find where channel comes close to shore access and dive there if you don't have a boat to use.

Anyone else dive Pomme?

My wife and I tried Pomme a few years ago right after we got certified. We descended around 10ft and it began getting dark. Neither of us had lights with us and like I said were both new divers so we called the dive. I would like try the lake again sometime. I saw it recommended on www.scubaadventurer.com but they didn't list any info about it. Possible dive sites, etc. As far as I know, the closest dive shop was Springfield, so you had to make sure and take everything with you for the weekend. In the previous post you wrote about the island, were you referring to the island at Pomme or Truman? Anyone with more info please let me know.

bgray:
My wife and I tried Pomme a few years ago right after we got certified. We descended around 10ft and it began getting dark. Neither of us had lights with us and like I said were both new divers so we called the dive. I would like try the lake again sometime. I saw it recommended on www.scubaadventurer.com but they didn't list any info about it. Possible dive sites, etc. As far as I know, the closest dive shop was Springfield, so you had to make sure and take everything with you for the weekend. In the previous post you wrote about the island, were you referring to the island at Pomme or Truman? Anyone with more info please let me know.

I can't help you out with Pomme de Terre since I have never been diving there, I plan on diving it the first opportunity I get though. But concerning air refills, I have found that when you dive some of the more remote sites around it's pretty common not to have an air fill station within a reasonable distance so what I have resorted to is buying and extra set of tanks (for a total of 4). This is a relatively small additional investment but can save money and definitely time in the long run eliminating weekend interruptions for trips to get refills (especially if you aren't close to one. As for equipment, all one can do is be as prepared as possible and take extras of the cheaper, more common problem items. Just thought I would throw that in since I frequently run into the long distance dive shop/refill situation.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom