Harry Truman Reservoir

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jafo123

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Has any one dove here and if so can you tell me what the conditions are like? I have friends moving there soon and would like to get a dive in while visiting them.

jafo123

Jafo123:
Has any one dove here and if so can you tell me what the conditions are like? I have friends moving there soon and would like to get a dive in while visiting them.

jafo123

I have only been diving there once, the water was very murky, very low vis. However, I lost an anchor up there last year so I am planning on going back to get it this Spring and I'll know more after that but it sounds like that will be too late to be of any help to you. Give it a try and let us know what you think, I may have just been there on a bad day, or in a bad spot!

Mike

Jafo123:

jafo123

I've fished there during winter, spring, summer & fall & I've never found any decent vis there. Head down the road to a bit to Stockton, not great vis but tons better than Truman.

Wkndbum:
I've fished there during winter, spring, summer & fall & I've never found any decent vis there. Head down the road to a bit to Stockton, not great vis but tons better than Truman.

I agree Terry, I've done a couple of dives at Stockton and enjoyed it, the vis isn't great but it's much better than Truman. I would say Stockton was in vicinity of 6 ft. and maybe as much as 10 max. when I was there. We go camping a lot so I end up diving some of the state campground/lake combos so I can still get my diving in even when I'm not on a dive trip. As I said earlier, I am planning to go back to Truman and retrieve my anchor (if I can find it) this Spring so I will post a report on it.

Mike

Good luck finding that anchor! I have never dove Truman because I have fished/skiied there and I would venture to say that viz was about 0'. hope you know exactly where to find it and don't mind feeling your way around. Again, best of luck to you, tell us how it went.

bgray:
Good luck finding that anchor! I have never dove Truman because I have fished/skiied there and I would venture to say that viz was about 0'. hope you know exactly where to find it and don't mind feeling your way around. Again, best of luck to you, tell us how it went.

I took the GPS coodinates when I lost it so as long as I still have them, I should be able to find it. It's in around 30 ft of water, under normal circumstances it shouldn't be much of a problem, but I'll be diving right down into some trees and that's not a good combination with no vis! I'll probably drop a weighted line down and follow it down and then feel my way around once I get on the bottom, then follow the line back up, that will hopefully help. Thanks for the luck, I'll let you know how it turns out.

Mike

Tabasco1955:
I took the GPS coodinates when I lost it so as long as I still have them, I should be able to find it. It's in around 30 ft of water, under normal circumstances it shouldn't be much of a problem, but I'll be diving right down into some trees and that's not a good combination with no vis! I'll probably drop a weighted line down and follow it down and then feel my way around once I get on the bottom, then follow the line back up, that will hopefully help. Thanks for the luck, I'll let you know how it turns out.

Mike

Heck Mike, I've only met you once but I would hate to see a good man get tangled up in those trees/trot lines. How about if I just buy you an anchor? ha

Terry

Wkndbum:
Heck Mike, I've only met you once but I would hate to see a good man get tangled up in those trees/trot lines. How about if I just buy you an anchor? ha

Terry

I appreciate the offer Terry, but I think you are missing the point, how could I (being a diver) possibly go around telling my friends that I lost my anchor and had to buy another one? I could never live that one down, that would destroy my status as a "frogman"! :11:

Mike

To each his own, but no life is worth the price of an anchor. Check your pride at the door. Trees and zero viz sounds like a bad combo.

bgray:
To each his own, but no life is worth the price of an anchor. Check your pride at the door. Trees and zero viz sounds like a bad combo.

I couldn't agree more, I was just joking around about the status thing. I will go down and if I don't like what I see (or don't see) I will just call it off and run to Wal Mart and spend $20 for another one. Thanks for the concern and advice though!

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom