Harrison "Bugs" Murray

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What you're feeling, Pete, is so understandable. The first holiday season without a loved one is always the worst. You loved your son and never thought he wouldn't be sharing Christmas with you this year. I venture to say all of your SB friends have lost someone close and know what you experienced this holiday season. When my dad passed away several years ago, I remember Christmas shopping that year and thinking "Oh dad would really like this.....I think I'll get it for him!" and then reality struck and I knew I'd never be able to wrap another gift for him and put it under the tree. It still hurts to know I won't have another Christmas with my dad, but the wonderful memories of doing things with him (hunting, fishing, water skiing, etc.) are what I think about when I get blue. Keep those beautiful memories of Bugs in your heart, Pete, and know that he'll always be with you in spirit. Blessings to you and Elena in this new year.

I wish I had sweet words of comfort NetDoc.. I fear there are non truly. Time does blunt the pain, memories of love shared may bring solace but our words can not :flowers: The joy of loving someone is worth the pain of the loss but it is pain nontheless:consolation: There are many who would ease your burden with their caring.. I hope you can find some comfort in that :( Our best to you and Elena

So sorry Pete. I can't imagine what you are going though right now, but know I am thinking and praying for your peace.

Pete....I am so sorry for your loss. There are no words....

I did not lose a child, but I lost a teenage brother (I was 15, he was 19) and I believe I have a sense of your grief. Not that I can say anything to assuage your grief, but I can only recommend letting you feel everything...as painful as it might be. I did not, and it affected me for years. Grief comes in waves and the most therapeutic thing you can do is let yourself feel...even if it means bawling your eyes out in the bathroom of a mall. The Irish have a great saying...the dead never truly leave us if we keep them alive via our stories. And if you are a reader, Elizabeth Kubler Ross' stages of grief may help you navigate these unfamiliar waters. On Death and Dying - Elisabeth Kübler-Ross Foundation. My mom also found some help via a surviving parents support group.

Best Wishes....

Back
Top Bottom