Harrison "Bugs" Murray

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There will be a viewing this Tuesday from 5:00 to 7:00 pm at Journey Christian Church in Apopka Fl. A short memorial service will follow. There will be a lot of tears and shared memories as we say a final goodbye to my son. It's a large church and all are invited to attend.

Thanks to everyone who has reached out to us during the difficult time. We had a memorial service yesterday evening for my son and a number of ScubaBoardians were there as were Scouters, former Scouts, Harrison's friends and school mates. It was more than touching and more than ever I was comforted by the fact that my son is no longer disabled from back pain. A special thanks to Moose for running interference for me and of course to my Elena for being there every step of the way. I couldn't have made it this far without my peeps comforting when I needed it and allowing me some personal grieving time as well. My son had a great, if not a bit morbid sense of humor. He and I often watched a particular skit from Monty Python and joked that this should be shown at our funeral. Well, that didn't happen and sense I want to keep my promise to my son, I now present that skit here:

Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!

Oh, Pete, I just read this thread today. I'm so sorry for the loss of your son. I can't even imagine the pain you've been experiencing. Please know that you and Elena are in my thoughts and prayers. If there's anything Jim or I can do for you, just ask. RIP Bugs.

Pete and I would like to thank everyone for their cards, PMs, emails, texts, phone calls, and outpouring of support. We are truly blessed to have so many friends.

One of the touching cards we received came from Coral Restoration Foundation who dedicated an Adopt-a-Coral in Harrison's name and sent us the photo. Thank you.

Harrison Murray.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom