Hard questions I'm sure ya'll can answer.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After reading your post disregard everything I said and GET training, you don't want to get yourself killed

Good Luck

jptrealty:
After reading your post disregard everything I said and GET training, you don't want to get yourself killed

Good Luck

I appreciate that fully. This is just a theoretical. I'm not anywhere near this kind of diving. I'm not that crazy yet. :D

Shane

sssteinkamp:
If you are on EANx24 at 140 ft and I'm making a normal ascent, at what depth should I switch to 100% O2 and finish my decompression IAW my computer?
100% would be a poor choice for a single deco gas on this profile. 50% would be better.
sssteinkamp:
Also, If my first decompression stop is at 9 meters, and I switch to EANx50, my EAD is two meters. I know then that the nitro leaves my body as if I were only a two meters deep, w/out ascending that shallow.

What I'd like to know is: Would that probably cause DCS?
You not knowing this has me a little spooked, but here goes:

DCS is for the most part a total pressure problem. Offgassing is a combination of total pressure and partial pressure problems.

The answer to your question is "no".
sssteinkamp:
Oh.... and if I'm planning an accelerated deco dive that has me at 55% "CNS
Clock" time as I leave the 20 foot stop. I have a final 15 ft stop choice
of using O2 for 74 min's, or lower oxygen EANx80, but for a longer 92 min's,
which gas and time should I choose?
This is a pretty unrealistic scenario since whatever gas you use would also be used deeper and would affect the total decompression time.

I suspect it is something someone created to make EAN80 look good.

Sounds more and more like a troll to me.....but i'll bite anyway.

If you are on EANx24 at 140 ft and I'm making a normal ascent, at what depth
should I switch to 100% O2 and finish my decompression IAW my computer?
If you use pure O2 below a maximum depth (MOD) of 20 feet (1.6ata ppO2) you may end up unwillingly doing the chicken dance...so don't!

Also, If my first decompression stop is at 9 meters, and I switch to EANx50,
my EAD is two meters. I know then that the nitro leaves my body as if I
were only a two meters deep, w/out ascending that shallow.

What I'd like to know is: Would that probably cause DCS?
No, using EAN50 at 27 feet(9m) should not cause DCS. While the individual nitrogen and oxygen practical pressure gradients between the gas you're breathing into your lungs, and the dissolved gas in your body change due to switching to EAN50. The dissolved residual gas in your body tissues is still at a total pressure of 1.8 atmospheres and should not come out in bubble form (because your still at 1.8 atmospheres (27 ft) of total pressure). Nitrogen just comes out faster in the dissolved phase upon switching to EAN50.

Oh.... and if I'm planning an accelerated deco dive that has me at 55% "CNS
Clock" time as I leave the 20 foot stop. I have a final 15 ft stop choice
of using O2 for 74 min's, or lower oxygen EANx80, but for a longer 92 min's,
which gas and time should I choose?
Use pure O2 at 20 feet and above, and incorporate air or backgas breaks into your deco schedule to address the CNS clock issue. Besides, if you use anything but O2 above 20 feet you could get labeled as a stroke.

Oh...and lastly, since this is just “theoretical.” In theory, it would be best to get formal technical dive training before you even think of attempting such a dive.

Back
Top Bottom