Happy Solstice!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rickster:
I thought you were to run naked into the surf and bark at the moon?

Is that with a mask on forehead or not ;-)

headhunter:
I hope we get a little warning on that one!

Yeah, Rick, I'd appreciate a little warning too... :D

undrwater:
I suppose we could put an ad on craigslist...

WANTED: Sweet young virgin for sacrifice. Will provide alter and white gown. Please reply with picture and copy of note from doctor certifying innocence.

Kevfin:
WANTED: Sweet young virgin for sacrifice. Will provide alter and white gown. Please reply with picture and copy of note from doctor certifying innocence.
From

:D "Happy Solstice" :D

to

:scared: "Virgins Wanted, medical validation of innocence required":scared:

in 15 posts???

That was a pretty leisurely slide to the dark side. Must be due to all that skyclad frolicking in cold surf... reduces the blood flow to the brain :wink:

Could "skyclad" be considered a type of exposure suit??? Hmmmmm...

Actually, many mainstream Christmas traditions originally stem from ancient Pagan practices. For example: burning the Yule log, kissing under the mistletoe, tree decorating, and gift giving.

It is believed that the early Roman Christians embraced many of these traditions in an attempt to ease the conversion of Pagans to the new religion. In fact, there is strong historical evidence that Christ was not actually born in December at all. Rather, the date of December 25 may have been chosen to align with the Pagan solstice celebrations such as Saturnalia.

Merry Saturnalia to all ... and to all ... a good night :wink:

And if you will notice my seasonal avatar, you will see that I follow the 'strong historical evidence!':D

Hmmm... does "sacrificing" mean you deflower the virgin and thereby transform her into a "normal" soCal girl, or do you actually plunge... your dagger into her thus terminating all life functions? I'm confused. I'm always ready for the first task but not quite up to the second.

Robert Phillips:
And if you will notice my seasonal avatar, you will see that I follow the 'strong historical evidence!':D

Put in a good word to the Sun God for us all :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom