Happy New Year SoCal Kelppies!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm... just what does a kelp pie taste like, Rick?

Happy New Year to the two of you. Hope you have wisely given up your thoughts of coming out here to dive tomorrow. The rains have been hard at times... I was soaked before I got from the dive park to Antonio's this afternoon. No diving, was just checking out conditions.

drbill:
Hmmm... just what does a kelp pie taste like, Rick?

Happy New Year to the two of you. Hope you have wisely given up your thoughts of coming out here to dive tomorrow. The rains have been hard at times... I was soaked before I got from the dive park to Antonio's this afternoon. No diving, was just checking out conditions.

Kelp Pie! Sounds like a start to something...............well, maybe not.

I will just wear my drysuit around town:D

Any good dry places to eat?

Decades ago I used to grind dried kelp up into a sort of flour. I used it to bake kelp muffins. If the color didn't get to you, the taste did. Actually they were pretty good!

Armstrong's for fish although much of their seating is outside; Antonio's for a broad and reasonable menu is the biggest restaurant with a fair bit of seating indoors; Steve's Steakhouse for beef is all indoors and very good; Channel House is mostly indoors as is the Portofino.

drbill:
Armstrong's for fish although much of their seating is outside; Antonio's for a broad and reasonable menu is the biggest restaurant with a fair bit of seating indoors; Steve's Steakhouse for beef is all indoors and very good; Channel House is mostly indoors as is the Portofino.

Thanks Bill, we went to Antonio's. They had a good selection, reasonable pricing, and the food was great. It wasn't raining, so, we walked there from the point. We were still in wetsuit and drysuit, and wet, so we sat outside. It was a good view of the harbor. In the spring we want to go back for maybe three days and check out the island alittle more. We have been out there 5 times and have only spent the day diving at the point.

I thought I might have seen you at the Point yesterday when I went out there to check conditions. Someone else was driving and they had to respond to a call so I couldn't stop to find out.

Conditions today are... well, let's be kind and say "not nice." Gale warning flags up, boats canceled... I'm up at the house nice and warm (kind of, I don't heat the place) and working on the narration for my black sea bass DVD. Can't believe it's been a "year" since my last dive. Have to remedy that soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom