Happy First Day of Autumn

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
The Fall Equinox is also known as: Alban Elfed, Autumn Equinox, Autumnal Equinox, Cornucopia, Feast of Avilon, Festival of Dionysus, Harvest Home, Harvest Tide, Mabon, Night of the Hunter, Second Harvest Festival, Wine Harvest, Witch's Thanksgiving, and the first day of autumn.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/fall_equinox.htm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COME BACK SUMMER!!! COME BACK!!!!!! Up here in canada we get 7 feet of snow. . .not looking forward to it.

In Seattle we get six months of rain, and lots of short days. *Sigh*, the summer has passed, but on the bright side, most of my dive trips have been in March-May. SO, spring is getting closer. :)

I love this change of seasons, here in FL the autumn is about 5 deg's less than the summer weather - woohoo. There are two seasons here, and they dont really switch on the equinox times! Summer and non-summer (which is not any of spring, fall or winter in any normal regional format) split around march/april til october/november :wink:

Happy Mabon to all...fall in Florida is wonderful and this year even better....we know that Hurricane season will be ending in the not so distant future!

As an aside...a good day to reflect on what needs balance in your life...

Hey,
We still have 3 more minutes left here in California

The equinox for "2004: SEP-22 @ 16:29"
The above dates and times were derived from the astronomical calculations on The Dome of the Sky web site. 15 Times are in UT (Universal Time). This used to be called Greenwich Mean Time or GMT. In North America, you can find your local time by subtracting:

3 hours 30 minutes for Newfoundland time
4 hours for ATL
5 hours for EST
6 hours for CST
7 hours for MST
8 hours for PST
9 hours for ALA
10 hours for HAW

Let's see, 16:29 - 6 = 10:29am CST = 11:29 CDT

Or Calf: 16:29 - 8 = 8:29 PST = 9:29 PDT

Damn, DinDavid! We agreed on somthing?! :shades:

Srping has just started here, from 1st september. its fantastic, the humidity is already up, bring on summer!! i get 2 summers this year, im moving to the states in july :)

DandyDon:
tks Don,

to you too. Now, could you also bring me a real change of season and maybe some fall colors if you have the time? I know, I know .... should be grateful for living in a place that is always hot! But I do miss the seasons AND the snow, also miss cold water diving!!!! Yes, I know I'm weird :)

Maria

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom