Hands Only CPR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just did my EFR course a few days ago. We were taught that if you have no barrier to use that you can just do chest compressions if you don't want to do breaths.

For a few dollars you can buy a tiny barrier to use for breaths that you can keep on a key chain.

...of professional medical response I have yet to see ONE lay rescuer using ANY form of barrier device while performing cpr.

...9 times outta 10, there is NO cpr in progress upon arrival.

The move to ever simpler, easier protocols can only improve this dismal reality.

DSD

I saw the article yesterday. I know in hospital they are still teaching compressions along with breaths but we have the advantage of having oxygen and airways that the layperson will not have. The article also mentioned that this is for adults and not children due to the fact that most children suffer respiratory arrest and not cardiac arrest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom