Handling question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You won't see the filter on a DIN reg.it's to deep down to see.

As for the soaking,go back to the manual, page 16 read on after the soaking for 1 hour..
It states"preferable while pressurized":D

But that said it's not very likely that water entered in this case.

Thank you.
I guess "pressurized" means with an open tank, soaking for one hour like that does not seem very easy to do with rental tanks (I have never seen that in any dive shop).
Thus, I should just rinse it because the dust cap is not tight (my LDS who sold the reg also told me that), but I should soak it in fresh water for one hour because of the threaded connections you mentioned.
Thus, what to do?
Cheers,
Liberty

Liberty,

Whenever possible soak your reg in fresh warmish water with a pressurised tank - what that means is you connect your reg to the tank, switch your air on and then leave it to soak.

Leave it for as long as you possibly can. The point of this is to get salt crystals to dissolve in the water - if the salt crystals dry they leave a deposit which can scratch the threads and other components inside the regs.

If you're on holiday and cannot leave the regs soaking, use a warm shower head to rinse the second stage and hoses and leave the dust protector on the first stage. The dust protector protects agains dust and is not water proof but a few splashes here and there will be ok .

To clean threads, you can use a small mixture of white vinegar and warm water and use a small toothbrush to gently brush away any debris on the threads.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom