Handle for an Xdeep Zen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tdp92

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I own an XDeep Zen. It is really great but it lacks one important feature: a handle. Moreover it lacks holes to fit one.

Example of a handle:

1691578913138.png

Zen backplate:

1691578962609.png

Zen:
1691579082133.png

Do you have some idea on how to fit one other than drilling a couple of holes?

That would be nice but I’d prefer an adjustable 1st stage loop that doubled as a handle.

I own an XDeep Zen. It is really great but it lacks one important feature: a handle. Moreover it lacks holes to fit one.

Example of a handle:

Zen backplate:

Zen:

Do you have some idea on how to fit one other than drilling a couple of holes?

I tied a rope to each side of the backplate

works as a handle and a positioner (when unbuckling the BCD from a tank)

Must admit never had this issue, with all the holes in the BP, always plenty of gripping locations to lift the BCD

That would be nice but I’d prefer an adjustable 1st stage loop that doubled as a handle.
What do you mean? Sorry, but I do not understand.
I tied a rope to each side of the backplate

works as a handle and a positioner (when unbuckling the BCD from a tank)
Can you provide a picture? Thanks.

What do you mean? Sorry, but I do not understand.

An adjustable loop of 1”strap would act as both a carrying handle and tank stabiliser.

I have made something similar with zipties and bungee. Not elegant but it works.

An adjustable loop of 1”strap would act as both a carrying handle and tank stabiliser.

I have made something similar with zipties and bungee. Not elegant but it works.
Thanks for the suggestion. I have a very compact 1st stage (mares 62X), so I don't know if it is feasible but I'll try giving it a shot.

Grab it by the straps?
It is what I'm currently doing but I want to find a more efficient/comfortable solution.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have a very compact 1st stage (mares 62X), so I don't know if it is feasible but I'll try giving it a shot.

First stage does not matter. It fits onto the tank neck. You attach the 1st stage after you hang the BP.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom