Hampton / Virginia Beach area suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capt Grumby

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey all, I may be coming up that way for a week or so in the beggining of October. Since I know nothing about the area, I was wondering if any of you would mind posting some info about nice dive opportunities in close proximity. I am a Florida diver (coldest dive is 63 degrees at Morrison Springs). Lately I have gotten into fossil/artifact diving. I wil probably be driving and either on my way up or back down (or both) I want to dive the Cooper River out of Charleston.
Wreck diving is okay, but I could take it or leave it. Since I have no clue about the different options that are available up there, I decided to go to the experts.
So, what do you think? Any "must-do" dives up that way?

Wreck diving is okay, but I could take it or leave it. Since I have no clue about the different options that are available up there, I decided to go to the experts.
So, what do you think? Any "must-do" dives up that way?

Wreck diving is okay.... is there any other type of diving??? :D:D:D

There's quite alot good dives out of Va Beach. The Morgan, the Eureka, Ocean Venture... Check with Dive Quarters or the Lynnhaven Dive Center for charter info.
Plan on alot longer boat rides than you would be used to in Fl (2+ hrs out) Temps in the mid 50's. Vis between 15ft and 30ft.

You may want to make a stop in Morehead City, NC or your way up or down. You will find alot more boats available there including weekday charters. Conditions will be very different from VA Beach. Upper 70's temp and 60 to 80 ft vis. Olympus Dive Center - Home

Thanks for the input.

I just found out that the Langley trip has been scrapped, but there is a good chance of going to Charleston instead. As luck would have it, Charleston is the EXACT spot I need to be at for the Cooper River dives I was trying to get in.

Do you have any info about that particular area?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom