Hammerheads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

great pictures, I am really fascinated by hammerheads. Looking forward to cocos in a little over a yr, june of 2008 with the aggressor fleet

Amazing photos! Thank you for sharing them. They remind me of the movie I saw yesterday with my wife. It was called "Shark Water". I highly recommend it to anyone who likes sharks and loves diving.

Rich

Great stuff! That is one of my dream dive trips. So cool!
Shot 3 is nice as well. I've gotta go see some hammerheads!

Great shots, Ken. Always have loved Hammerheads since first seeing them on Sea Hunt!
The first one with the Sunspot is really cool. The second is really nice as well. Looks like a killer dive.

catherine96821:
Outstanding

Ken...their mouths are so tiny, the mouths just don't look very threatening.

Thanks catherine. You are right, for all their power and size they are not threatening at all. I have been among them many times in Cocos, Sea of Cortez, and Galapagos and have always found them to be very shy. They feed on small fish and rays, they have no interest in divers and really seem to dislike bubbles. You are really lucky to get close to them with scuba, divers have much better luck on rebreathers. This is from Wolf Island in Galapagos:

hammer_school1.jpg

Jeez, Ken, your photos are amazing!

Are those scalloped hammerheads down there?

Chantal, you are too kind and yes these are all scalloped hammerheads. ++Ken++

Good, I'm trying to learn. I can't stand not knowing what I'm seeing when I dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom