Halogen 35w, 50w, 75w Burn times.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cfdsmokeater

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Assembled a new battery pack for my gi-hugic 14ah SLA can light and was wanting to get some burn times with new bulbs. Times below are totally unscientific. Just ended test when light started to dull and turn yellow--too the point I would consider it "backup/reserve" power. Wanted to check voltage but some dumb#&% fireman fried his own volt/ohm meter last week. That was a different test I will not talk about here. And the SWAG results are:

35w = 3.5 hours.
50w = 2.5 hours.
75w = 1.5 hours. (Is anyone else seeing a pattern here)
100w = too scared.

Started to smell something burning during 75w test so I filled the empty can with H20 and inserted the light head. 100w was not going to happen. I'm still mourning the volt/ohm meter.

???? Is this on par or is this ancient knowledge since mainstream hid.

I've got an Ikelite video light which specifies 55 minutes with the 50w halogen and 25 minutes with the 100w. It is a 5ah battery pack so this would match quite well with your figures for a 14ah.

(these Ikelite lights are only recommended for in water as they overheat and damage the reflector if used in air)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom